mithril
No default blocks after installing
  • 2004/5/4 9:22

• mithril

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

hi everybody,

yesterday, I posted about install problem, and this morning, someone gived me the solution : ask manually "user.php" to register, then "admin.php" to add modules, blocks....
okay.

but, reading many helps (in french, cause I'm french, sorry ;) ) I understand my REAL problem :
In "blocks section", I should see some "default blocks" (as User Menu, Connexion, Top Articles...), already visibles, then the "create bloks table" wich allow user to create others...
BUT I DON'T SEE THEM !!!!
It seams that I don't have those "default block", and taht's why I don't have "register" prompt or anything else in my index.php !!!
can you help me again ???
@MITHRIL

"But what is this stupid frenchy ?"

DonXoop
Re: No default blocks after installing

bonjour mithril,

If I understand your problem you are not seeing any blocks to edit in the Admin/Blocks screen right?

You might try this first: System/Groups, pick Webmasters. Verify that all boxes are checked and hit Update. You should now see everything.

you can do the same for the Registered and Anonymous groups and check off the blocks and access you want each group to see.

You may need more config settings but this should get your blocks back.

Quote:

Don't worry about silly things such as "Freedom Fries" etc. Someday it will only matter what a person says and not what accent they say it in.

mithril
  • 2004/5/4 13:00

• mithril

• Just popping in

DonXoop,

I tried that you suggested me...it failed !! All boxes are checked !
I would be sure about something : there are "standard blocks" (or "default blocks") like "login", isn't it ???
It's a basic "function" of xoops, isn't it ??
here's my "block administration page" after install :

Resized Image

and my index.php page :

Resized Image

@MITHRIL

Quote:

hey, I can comment myself, no ???

mithril
  • 2004/5/4 13:23

• mithril

• Just popping in

well, I found the "debug mode" in the Admin Panel...it wasn't easy to find, the french translate is strange...)

I set it in MySQL/Blocks mode, ask my index.php page, then the popup debug window appear, with many informations in black font... and some RED font lines in the "queries" section :

Quote:
SELECT b.* FROM xoops_newblocks b, xoops_block_module_link m WHERE m.block_id=b.bid AND b.isactive=1 AND b.visible=1 AND m.module_id IN (0,-1) AND b.bid IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) ORDER BY b.weight,b.bid
Error number: 1
Error message: Can't create/write to file 'G\\FRED\Temp\#sql_edc_0.MYI' (Errcode: 2)

Note : I'm using the G:\ drive as "temp" folder, with Temporary Internet files, temp system files.....

and in "block" section, I have :

Quote:
Total: 0 blocks

suggestions ???
@MITHRIL

DonXoop

There you go. Make sure that the listed directory exists and that the web server / MySQL server can write to that directory. I don't know how Windows does it but the server process doesn't usually run as the root user (administrator) or a regular user or even the user you have configured for your database.

You typically give read/write privs to all users for the temp directory. MySQL is smart enough to tag it's own temp files as read/write only to itself so they can't be read by anyone else.

BTW, you are welcome to submit proper translations for the dev team to include. I hope at least it has yes/no oui/non ...

mithril
  • 2004/5/4 14:33

• mithril

• Just popping in

so, if I understand, I should reconfigure Windows with "standard" temp folder (c:\windows\temp, and not g:\fred\temp) ??
I'll try that, and I'll try all until it works !

@mithril

PS : about translations, it's a (half) joke, just the "debug mode" isn't really fine, but others translations are really good ! BTW (the translator ?), it's (almost) perfect ! "Débogage" should be nice...

DonXoop

You don't have to change the temp folder providing that the web/php server is happy with it. You might try the defaults to be sure that is the problem then you can move toward another location.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits