jbaudin
Re: Moodle for Xoops
  • 2004/4/30 13:43

• jbaudin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/22

Quote:

asabove wrote:
Do you have a Moodle/Xoops site we can visit to see integration?

Not for the moment, but I will see whether I can create a site of demonstation. But it is easy with a local Web server to install it and use it.

rabideau
  • 2004/5/2 22:35

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I have just successfully installed Xoops4Moodle on one of my corporate website's:http://pep-inc.com

I am happy to allow those interested in Moodle to try the system out here. Please register yourself on the site, from there access should be pretty straight-forward.

Please let me know how things work out for you!

WarDick
  • 2004/5/2 23:06

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Hi rabideau,

Did you install this in normal module install manner. If so you are doing a great job. I was not able to login to the moodle portion of your site. I tried to register with moodle and got the message could not send email. I had just used same email address to sign-up for pep-inc.com. There are many php errors listed when you go to sign-up for moodle page. I am very interested in online learning courses. My wife and son and 5 others in my family are educators. As you can see I have a staff. I am trying to determine if moodle can offer me anything that XOOPS does not already have. There seems to be too much duplication to bother with integration. I will continue to drop by you site to see how developement is going. If you know of an outstanding reason to bother will integration I would be interested in discussing it futher. Thanks for letting me view your work. Looking forward to working on this project with you if you need any help or support.

Best Wishes

rabideau
  • 2004/5/3 1:42

• rabideau

• Home away from home

I tried signing on and saw the errors as well... although as admin, no such errors appeared.

I have fixed the email error problem (bad user/password combo.)

As for the installation it was pretty straight forward but not easy. Perhaps I should document some of the issues?

As for signing in with the new user, I can't get in either, perhaps this is a bug with the installation (conversion to Xoops-- I know this problem does not exist in the stand alone version; no do I get all the php errors in the standalone.)

Try signing in again, perhaps it will work with my little work around fix.

WarDick
  • 2004/5/3 1:51

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

Email worked and I got registered...
Progress!!

Warning: main(../../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pep-inc/public_html/modules/moodle/login/signup.php on line 6

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pep-inc/public_html/modules/moodle/login/signup.php on line 6

Warning: main(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pep-inc/public_html/modules/moodle/login/signup.php on line 17

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pep-inc/public_html/modules/moodle/login/signup.php on line 17

WarDick
  • 2004/5/3 1:57

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

After getting the email notification and clicking on the activation link I was able to get in. However, it logged me out and now will not let me back in?

The orginal name and password must have been recorded because I had to use a different one the next time I registered!

jbaudin
  • 2004/5/3 7:08

• jbaudin

• Just popping in

I start a site of demo.

The first version of Moodle4Xoops can be found at this address :http://www.e-novateach.com/xoops_download/moodle4Xoops206_v1.zip

READ THE FILE : moodle4Xoops.txt to install it !!

I send to you the address of the official demo site of Moodle4Xoops when it is installed.

jbaudin
  • 2004/5/3 7:09

• jbaudin

• Just popping in

Warningmain(../../mainfile.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/pep-inc/public_html/modules/moodle/login/signup.php on line 6

I had these problems with the version of test.

No prb now !!

jbaudin
  • 2004/5/3 7:14

• jbaudin

• Just popping in

Ther are a lot of prb to connect to Moodle.

Did you take the last version? (
here)

Have you read the file moodle4xoops.txt ?
Did you correctly configure Moodle ?

You does not have to activate the auto-login or you does not have the last version of Moodle4Xoops because there are a prb on connection.

rabideau
  • 2004/5/3 12:21

• rabideau

• Home away from home

Bonjour jbaudin...

I Download my moodle4xoops file yesterday... I did read and follow the install & configuration directions (although they weren't exactly complete). But in the en, it functioned for me...

I am downloading the newest link (per your earlier email). I will update my site to see if that fixes things.

btw. I tried finding this project on the dev site (because I thought we might move this discussion there). But I am unable to find it.

Anyway, WarDick... I am glad you got into the site. I have no idea why the second time failure. My login (once working seems to stay alive).

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits