gauntlet
Feature requests
  • 2004/4/30 6:33

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

Just installed the mod and it works very nicely thus far. My only complaint is (and this goes for all XOOPS modules) the screenshots need to be uploaded prior to adding a review. Big hassle if you need to add 50 items. Would be far simple to have a browse/upload feature and just 777 the /images/shots dir.

Also a feature I saw requested earlier that would be beneficial would be rating different aspects 1-5 with an overall rating. Example:

rating a movie 1-5 on effects, story, acting, etc. Then it takes the ratings submitted and averages out for an overall rating. And be able to display the ratings on the main page.

Is it possible to rate a review/item without writing a review?

riaanvdb
Re: Feature requests
  • 2004/4/30 7:23

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Just installed the mod and it works very nicely thus far. My only complaint is (and this goes for all XOOPS modules) the screenshots need to be uploaded prior to adding a review. Big hassle if you need to add 50 items. Would be far simple to have a browse/upload feature and just 777 the /images/shots dir.

The ability to browse upload the images is definately on my todo list and will probably be the next item I work on.

Quote:

Also a feature I saw requested earlier that would be beneficial would be rating different aspects 1-5 with an overall rating. Example:

rating a movie 1-5 on effects, story, acting, etc. Then it takes the ratings submitted and averages out for an overall rating. And be able to display the ratings on the main page.

You are able to add rating categories in admin for each category. This implies that you are able to add rating categories like effects, story, acting, ect for movies and sound, value for money, ect for CD's or whatever you wich
The overall rating criteria will always be available, this is where you do not specify other rating categories for the review it will only give overall rating.
The averages are calculated when more than 1 review is done for a product.

Quote:

Is it possible to rate a review/item without writing a review?

At this point no, but if it is requested I can add this feature as a admin setting.

Grotmis
Riaan

jakkals
  • 2004/4/30 8:07

• jakkals

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/18

Hi Riaan

I just installed beta 2.1 beta 5. I am really impressed with your work.

Doen so voort.
Soos hulle sê - 'n boer maak 'n plan!

Beesmis
Chris

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/30 10:23

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

jakkals wrote:
I just installed beta 2.1 beta 5. I am really impressed with your work.
Doen so voort.
Soos hulle sê - 'n boer maak 'n plan!

Hi Jakkals, thanks man, it is good so see some fellow south africans here.

Grotmis
Riaan

gauntlet
  • 2004/4/30 16:54

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

Not sure if this is a problem with the module yet, haven't thoroughly tested. If I use 3 columns (left, center, right) and am in the myReviews module and click the title that takes me to the detailfile.php (http://www.domainname.com/modules/myReviews/detailfile.php?lid=1) the right column drops to the bottom of the screen and no longer appears on the right.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/30 19:04

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Not sure if this is a problem with the module yet, haven't thoroughly tested. If I use 3 columns (left, center, right) and am in the myReviews module and click the title that takes me to the detailfile.php (http://www.domainname.com/modules/myReviews/detailfile.php?lid=1) the right column drops to the bottom of the screen and no longer appears on the right.

Hi gauntlet, you are right I just simulated the same problem. I will fix the bug in the next release. Thanks.

Grotmis
Riaan

gauntlet
  • 2004/5/1 16:13

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

Is there a way to change the fields for each review? I have been typing everything into the description, but it's becoming a pain to do. Maybe something in the settings for each category to specify # of fields (1-10) and then type in the topics. I just need 4 additional fields, but can imagine others would want more.

gauntlet
  • 2004/5/2 6:31

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

Another possible bug, not sure. When you click the link to goto a page to view a reviewed item, it takes you to the detail.php? page. But you can't view or write reviews from there. The Tell a friend | Modify review | Write editorial | Edit | Write review | Broken link

is missing from the detail.php page.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/2 11:43

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Another possible bug, not sure. When you click the link to goto a page to view a reviewed item, it takes you to the detail.php? page. But you can't view or write reviews from there. The Tell a friend | Modify review | Write editorial | Edit | Write review | Broken link

is missing from the detail.php page.

Hi gauntel, I will add this as a feature request, the The Tell a friend | Modify review | Write editorial | Edit | Write review | Broken link is not currently in the delail.php. It should not be to difficult, should have it in Beta6

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/2 11:58

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

gauntlet wrote:
Is there a way to change the fields for each review? I have been typing everything into the description, but it's becoming a pain to do. Maybe something in the settings for each category to specify # of fields (1-10) and then type in the topics. I just need 4 additional fields, but can imagine others would want more.

Hi gauntlet, I have been thinking of this for a while, the problem isn't adding more fields, or making them dynamic. The problem comes in that these fields are now the same between sites or between review categories. If you want to review DVD's, CD's, Sport, Hardware, Software, etc etc on the same site it will most likely be a nightmare of different fields you will need. I have been thinking of drawing up a generic table structure that the admin will be able to set per category to be included in the description at submission time. The config will ask the submitter for all the fields you need, but save it in the description field as a html table. What do you think?

Grotmis
Riaan

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits