CeBepuH
loading pictures at some point later
  • 2004/4/21 9:54

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Let's say I have a homepage with news and lots of pictures. What I need is somehow to load first the texts (news). Then, after the news are loaded and the text is visualised the pictures should start loading.

As far as I can gather there is some solution with javascript... but the names of the images should be known. In my case I only know the directory in which they reside (uploads :).

Does anybody have any idea how to load the images later?

Dave_L
Re: loading pictures at some point later
  • 2004/4/21 13:24

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Why do you want to do that?

CeBepuH
  • 2004/4/21 14:35

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

I need somehow to improve loading times. The idea is that the content (news or whatever texts there are on the page) should be loaded and dipslayed first and the pictures should start (down)loading after that. Right now, I have to wait for all the pics, js, css to be downloaded from the server before whatever is displayed in the browser.

Besides I have too much pictures on the site and I've been told that removing some of those is out of the question... Beleive me, this really sux...

Dave_L
  • 2004/4/21 14:46

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Are you providing width and height attributes in the image tags? That allows the page to render with the correct space reserved for the images, even if the images have not yet loaded.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits