ricland
Took my Medicine... I'm Ok, now
  • 2004/4/17 15:04

• ricland

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/15

Well, alright, so I'm not a warm and lovable guy.

Here's a question for you: Is there a theme that looks like this? If so where can I find it?

http://www.sabahrhinos.com/modules/news/

CBlue
Re: Took my Medicine... I'm Ok, now

That is a modified theme, ricland. I have not seen one exactly like that in the other themes I've looked at. The colors and image backgrounds for the menus were created/modified by the webmaster of that site. You can try and contact that person to see if they will share their theme with you or can tell you how they did it.

DonXoop
Re: Well, What Now?

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Could be, DonXoop! But then again, there are alot of people like Mad Max in this world.

Indeed. I almost bumped into a certain mad max recently. Gave me the chills. Anyway, there is a very different paradigm with Open Source vs commercial apps. You don't have to be an OS zealot to understand it and use it.

The very nature of OS does have its drawbacks if you don't want to think about what you are doing. Thousands or millions of people with thousands or millions of needs and levels of understanding. Not everyone is after the same thing.

Many people here have helped many others with problems ranging from the very complicated to the very basic. Even when the question is redundent and asked/answered 5 times per day.

With the current state of the internet I shudder at the thought of clueless people putting more piles of trash on it. No wonder there are more virus/worm/spam packets than real data that someone might be interested in. I can wade through the bulk that doesn't interest me and find/contribute what does interest or help me.

update.. ricey, the themes you like can be done with simple CSS modification. That is what that guy did for his own site. Pretty basic stuff if you're willing to learn. Maybe someone has done all the work and will make it available for you even if you never contribute even constructive commentary.

So there, I'm done. I've wasted more time with rice than it takes to fully install xoops. Time to go.

CBlue

Patience is a virtue.

ricland
  • 2004/4/17 15:25

• ricland

• Just popping in

Hold on....

I know css. I know all about cms. I don't know folders in files with diff files. Never heard of them.

As to the that football site, I know how to change the css. I want to know what theme startes me out with that layout. The default theme doesn't seem to.

ricland
Sorry, Boys, I'm Dumping it
  • 2004/4/17 15:50

• ricland

• Just popping in

Sorry, boys, but I'm dumping your application.

I'll try it again in about a year.

Thanks for the memories.

dadoprom
I am Sorry...
  • 2004/4/17 16:30

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

...for you. I didn' read such a crap for long period of time, dear ricland.

You look to me like 15 year old high school boy with very strange opinion about life - everybody will give me everything, because I AM THE ONE - SUPERBOY.

You are STUPID - very, very, very stupid.

Advice for you: turn on your PC: (you sure are WINDOZE user)click start > click programs> click games> and run your faforite strategic game - command & conquer??

Come back in 6 years when you'll be adult! Bytheway I am not from USA or ENGLAND, I LEARNED english language...

ricland
Re: I am Sorry...
  • 2004/4/17 19:35

• ricland

• Just popping in

Look, pal, you've got a great looking product here, but the worst documentation around. Your forum is good. Answers come quick, but your site is thoroughly disorganised. You don't even have the source application under downloads -- the logical place for it. And the themes situation he is a complete joke -- all these third party people requiring the user to jump through hoops before they can see what their themes look like, let alone download them.

And the issue isn't my cluelessness, I installed the application without a problem, it's little things like putting folders and files in the main folder without giving any information about why they're there. What's a "diff" file? I still don't know and there's nothing anywhere I've yet found that tells me.

I know...I know, go to the archive -- news flash: why not tell us in the readme file? That's what a readme file is for, right? DUR...

Look, if you're trying to reach the masses, you've got a lot a work to do. XOOPS is still a geek toy. You haven't bridged the gap. I'm 50 years old. I came late to computers. I don't have time for the bullshit.

Also calling me names, don't help.

Now shut up and get to work. You've got 365 days to get this product up to speed.

CBlue

Ricland, diff is short for difference. The diff folder contains what has changed in the new version of XOOPS from the last version of xoops. Sorry you aren't up on actually viewing the files or understanding what diff files are. You say you are not going to use XOOPS now. Then why keep coming back here? Do as you say and wait another year. Maybe you will have learned more about reading documentation on programs before you start complaining about them. Just do as you said you will do. Thank you.

CBlue

Judging from your post about your age and that you are just getting into computers, I now understand better. You aren't ready for XOOPS now. You need to learn more about installing and modifying cms's before you tackle something like Xoops. You are not ready for Xoops.

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits