jfernau
Re: SURPASS HOSTING! Best hosters! look no further!
  • 2004/4/11 4:33

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

Unless you're planning on needing some serious bandwidth, that reseller account should be able to handle your other sites as well.

I have to say I've never seen anyone offer so much for so little. The best part so far is that it looks like they actually deliver what they offer.

Which server are you on? I'm on pass4.

John

kaotik
  • 2004/4/11 4:38

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

How is surpass hosting in terms of stability and uptime? What is the ratio of sites per hardware server?
I'm very interested but am concerned about moving my client's sites and then finding out the sites are only available half of the time and laggy.

Lenny

jfernau
  • 2004/4/11 5:06

• jfernau

• Just popping in

Lenny,

So far I've seen no down time, but I haven't been with them that long. Best bet would be to head over to their forum at www.surmunity.com and look around and post some questions. Several of the support people hang out there and seem to post replies quickly.

Let me know if you decide to make the jump.

John

carnuke
  • 2004/4/11 7:04

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I have just made signup with surpasshosting. I was very impressed with what they offer, but, more importantly, their forum seems to be very active with useful itelligent response. They appear to be the genuine article with sound infrastructure and backup. As always, Time will tell how reliable their service actually is. I keep checking their server status an it appears very sound.

Cautiously optomistic ....

Richard

jfernau
  • 2004/4/12 1:19

• jfernau

• Just popping in

Guess what!

Earlier, I posted over at the Surpass forum that they may want to brace themselves for an influx of XOOPS users, and they decided to put out the welcome mat for all of you.

If you sign up with Surpass, as a XOOPS forum member, you will get a credit for a free month of hosting. When you sign up, send an email to payments@surpasshosting.com. In that email, tell them that you a member of the XOOPS forum and would like to take them up on the offer of a credit for a free month of hosting. Include your XOOPS forum name in that email.

For those who just signed up, please send an email to the same address with the same information, and you will get the credit for the free month as well.

John

djsckizo
  • 2004/4/12 4:44

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Quote:

jfernau wrote:
Unless you're planning on needing some serious bandwidth, that reseller account should be able to handle your other sites as well.

I have to say I've never seen anyone offer so much for so little. The best part so far is that it looks like they actually deliver what they offer.

Which server are you on? I'm on pass4.

John

One of my sites offers free image hosting and the other is based on Linda Vester, of Fox News. People mostly come for the images of her, and many of them seem to think it's her site. So, they both have the potential to be something that demand more resources, in particularlly when I start putting up video files of her.

They look good and seem to know what they are doing. The only worry I ever have is that they are in Florida...hurricane territory .

I'm on Pass5, which is intresting since I didn't see it in the list lol.

kaotik
  • 2004/4/12 17:13

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Temping, very tempting......

So, from your experiences with surpass i see most of you are happy with them.
From what i've read on their site and forum, price and service seem's unbeatable and latency/lag doesn't seem to be an issue with them.
How about uploading your XOOPS files, do any of you notice lag or constant server timeouts?

I'm very tempted, just concerned about lag.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Lenny

tl
  • 2004/4/12 18:36

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:
They look good and seem to know what they are doing. The only worry I ever have is that they are in Florida...hurricane territory .

Its servers (hosted by Net Access) are probably all located in New Jersey. No mention by Net Access about a data center in Florida.

SURPASSING uptime by Netcraft

It seems itself just recently (March 3) switched from Rackspace to Net Access.

carnuke
  • 2004/4/12 19:17

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Quote:
How about uploading your XOOPS files, do any of you notice lag or constant server timeouts?

I recently uploaded a whole XOOPS file set via FTP including 30mb in a modules folder. This was on a 56k modem. All went through in one go, a perfect upload. Likewise using Cpanel, all works well including backups and resores to files and DBs. I have thrown a few questions into their forum and they have been answerd straight away by their tech staff. There is lots of detailed info on their boards regarding servers, status, maintenance, you name it. So far I have definitely had my $6.00 worth this month. If things continue like this, It will be the best move I've made... Time will tell.

Richard

jfernau
  • 2004/4/12 19:55

• jfernau

• Just popping in

www.surpasshosting.com, and the forum, www.surmunity.com, are located in Jersey. The servers that they offer hosting on are located in their own datacenter in Florida.

The business "presence" is located offsite so that they don't disappear off of the map in case something horrible happened to the datacenter or to the network there.

John

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits