pepeli
News contributions count as Posts!
  • 2004/4/7 18:29

• pepeli

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Likewise does it surprise me, why News or wfsection contributions are not counted as Posts contributions!? Is there an attitude possibility there somewhere?

YourHelp
Re: News contributions count as Posts!
  • 2004/4/7 23:16

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Interesting.... but if you included news and other things for post counts it would be a bit unreal..... Guess it’s hard to explain how I feel about it but no I certainly wouldn’t have it on my site seeing im the only person who posts news at this stage and it would give me a stupid post count lol.. hmmmmm auhhh well I guess if you had a site that required that it could be done anything can be done with XOOPS infact im sure if you do a search of the forum boards here someone has already done it.

I like the way the post count is allready you get counted for comments but for posting of news nup just don't do it for me sorry.

djsckizo
Re: News contributions count as Posts!
  • 2004/4/8 2:51

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Yes, I noticed a little while back that when you add almost anything to the site, it counts towards your post count. I have xcGal running as my image host. People who have never posted before have tons of posts already! I wish you could turn that off.

Is there a ceiling to the number of posts that you can get? I ask this because when I had an IB forum, there was a specific number you could get to and it wouldn't go any higher. I don't remember what it is but it's more than 30,000. Someone on IBPlanet gave me a database script to run to up it way beyond what it was already set to. Was wondering if XOOPS suffers from the same thing, especially since I'm using the IB mod on Xoops

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits