MrVandal
PhpBB users in xoops?
  • 2004/4/4 14:17

• MrVandal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/4 1

I have a good running phpBB forum with over 700 members and more then 30.000 posts.
I have been very busy tweaking and modding my forum so it is exactly as I (and my members) like it.

Now I have also installed XOOPS and I think it could be very valuable for my site but I stumble into a few problems.

I try to integrate XOOPS into my excisting phpBB and not vice versa.
The phpBB module is not an option (I tried but it doesn't work properly and I then have to rebuild all from scratch).
I think the simplest way is to let XOOPS use the phpBB database with the most important stuff (users, smilies etc)and let them both do whatever they have to do ;) but how? I have two different databases, one for phpBB and another for xoops.
Can I tell XOOPS to just go to another database for the users or smilies in the code when needed??

I hope my point is clear, english is not my native language.
I'm dutch.

carnuke
Re: PhpBB users in xoops?
  • 2004/4/4 16:32

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hello MrVandal,

Welcome to XOOPS forums
This is not a complete answer, but a suggestion that you visit bbpixel.com Koudanshi has done a lot of work on integrating XOOPS and phpbb also ipb forum. You may get some help here but otherwise give this site a look

Richard

MrVandal
Re: PhpBB users in xoops?
  • 2004/4/4 17:56

• MrVandal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/4 1

I'm familiar with the work of Koudanshi and I have installed his pbb module for testing.
He did a great job and for most people it will do the trick but not for me :(

I wanna try to keep my forums intact en let it work together with XOOPS instead of inside.

But good advise is never left to be alone so I will also open a topic over there

Thankx!Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

948 user(s) are online (340 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 948

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits