Lambar
From PostNuke to Xoops?
  • 2004/3/30 7:38

• Lambar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/29

Hi!

I like XOOPS very much and I would like to transfer my webpage on it but I have few questions. At present I'm using a PostNuke. I have already registered over 8000 members.

Firstly, is there any members' data converter? Most wanted for me is login, e-mail and password.

Secondly, it is forum PHPBB2. I have installed that one www.pnphpbb.com
I have seen that there is a similiar forum for Xoops. Is there any converter or maybe it is not needed?

My webpage is only for registered users, and as a intro page there is printed only info for logging. Can I do the same on Xoops?

Is it possible to print the name of the logged user in a headline webpage?

Thanks for any help!
best regards
Lambar

chapi
Re: From PostNuke to Xoops?
  • 2004/3/30 9:40

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Please look in the downloads section - others. There you will find PN -> XOOPS Conversion Template. It is probably not up to date, but would be a good start for you.

In this category there is also a converter from phpbb2 to newbb, the XOOPS forum. If you want to use a phpbb2 in XOOPS you have to look athttp://www.bbpixel.com where you can find such a module.

You can display information for anonymous users sure, you also can close the whole site only for login.

Please install XOOPS for testing first and play around a little. Then you will see how it works and what it can do for you

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits