Acithata
Weighting
  • 2004/3/30 8:55

• Acithata

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

Hi all. I've just installed my nice new XOOPS site It looks the business, but I'm not sure how to weight things. I take it that on this sites front page you have a block at the top, then recent topics, then news. If I want that on my site, do I make the "welcome message" type-block and recent topics visible on the top page. Then make news my starting module?

Ok, and to my second question. Does the permission on the forum carry over if I put "Recent Private Topics" visible on the homepage? i.e My forum has private forums for moderators AND admins. If recent private topics is shown, will the moderators see names of topics that admins have posted?

I know there's probably a pretty easy explanation to this, by hell, i've just spent a good nights sleep dumping my phpbb table in the XOOPS dbase and now its time for the pub

Appreciate your help guys.

brash
Re: Weighting
  • 2004/3/30 10:57

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi Acithata,

The blocks administration page IMHO is quite intuitive, and powerful. Whatever module you set as your startpage will come at the bottom with any blocks you specify above that in their weighted order (0 being the highest). Best advice I can give is get in and have a play around with the settings and get an understanding of it for yourself.

Acithata
  • 2004/3/30 11:01

• Acithata

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

Ok, cheers. Any idea about the permissions question?

brash
  • 2004/3/30 21:18

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Opps, must've missed that one. The permissions capabilities of XOOPS is one of it's strongest assets. If you have a recent private forums topics block, then only those groups that you have given access to will be able to see it. All your permission based settings are configured in the groups section of your system admin panel, or via the module admin itself. I'd start with the groups section myself and just have a go at altering permissions for each of the registered user and anonymous groups.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits