KonTiki
Modifying Weblinks 1.1 module
  • 2004/3/16 23:35

• KonTiki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

I am attempting to modify the Weblinks 1.1 module, specifically the "submit new link" page. The default template (mylinks_submit.html) is a simple table that displays an unordered list of 4 bullet points of "submit only once", "link posted after verification", etc, etc, and then the form to add your link.... I modified this table, deleting the "stock" bullet points and adding my own html information above the form.

I then uploaded my modified template and deleted all cache files. However, my modified table does not display; the old table with the "stock" bullet points is still displayed, even though that file has been deleted. I blew out the cache and cookies, re-deleted the cache files... but the "stock" bullet points just won't go away...

Any ideas why this isn't working....?

Regards,

KonTiki

tjnemez
Re: Modifying Weblinks 1.1 module
  • 2004/3/17 3:31

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey kontiki,

did you clone your templeates?

KonTiki
  • 2004/3/17 3:40

• KonTiki

• Just popping in

tjnemez sez...

"did you clone your templeates?"

clone my templates...? not sure what that means... i modified the x2t theme that came packed with my XOOPS install...

tjnemez
  • 2004/3/17 3:47

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey,

you should not edit your default templates. go to system admin -> templates. there you can clone all your templates. you will be prompted to name the cloned templates. then go to system admin -> general preferences and highlight the cloned set of templates. then update.

now go back to system admin templates (cloned set) and go to weblinks templates and edit your submit.html there. you will be able to update your html right from the admin section.
hope this helps you.

KonTiki
  • 2004/3/17 4:39

• KonTiki

• Just popping in

You da man... that fixed me right up... didn't realize I COULD edit templates that way... I always edited them locally and uploaded the modified file via ftp... very cool...

By the way... I love your quote... consider it pilfered...

Login

Who's Online

429 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 429

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits