Johnnyw
Modules without Login
  • 2004/3/15 22:06

• Johnnyw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/15

Hi
I have an question:
How can i make it, that my users look into the Forummodul without Login ? I mean, on the Loginsite(Mainpage)is no link for Forum !
Thanks for your help :)
Greetings
Johnny

brash
Re: Modules without Login
  • 2004/3/15 23:42

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

There are two things you need to do here:

(1) When creating your forums you need to set the access level to anonymous posting.

(2) You need to edit the anonymous group from under the system admin section so that the group has module access rights, and rights to the recent topics block from under the block access rights if you intent to use it.

However, I would not recommend allowing anonymous users to post on your forums as you'll get hit with all kinds of nasty spam bots, and you also won't be able to identify your users as all posts will be posted from anonymous.

If you are simply wanting to save your users the hassle of having to enter their username and password each time they access your site, I'd suggest you use the auto login hack way before opening up your forums to anonymous users.

Johnnyw
  • 2004/3/16 0:59

• Johnnyw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/15

Thanks, but how i make it, that the un-login-users can look to the Forum, not posting, only look !?

brash
  • 2004/3/16 3:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

In that case, there is only one thing you need to do different.

(1) When creating your forums you need to set the access level to regestered users only.

(2) Edit the anonymous group from under the system admin section so that the group has module access rights, and rights to the recent topics block from under the block access rights if you intent to use it.

Login

Who's Online

371 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 371

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits