1
Feugy
Module installation bug
  • 2004/3/13 23:34

  • Feugy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 3

  • Since: 2004/1/4 1


Hello !
An easy bug of the 2.0.5.1 version. I don't have download the 2.0.6 version, so perhaps it has already been fixed.

En using a post-installation script ($modversion['onInstall']), the installation log is excpected to display a message about the success (or not) of yhis script. In fact, it doesn't display anything, because the message are stored in the wrong array. Let's see the bugged code :
/modules/system/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php lines 466 to 478
// execute module specific install script if any
$install_script = $module->getInfo('onInstall');
if (false != $install_script && trim($install_script) != '') {
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/'.$dirname.'/'.trim($install_script);
if (function_exists('xoops_module_install_'.$dirname)){
$func = 'xoops_module_install_'.$dirname;
if (!$func($module)) {
$msg[] = 'Failed to execute '.$func;
} else {
$msg[] = '<b>'.$func.'</b> executed successfully.';
}
}
}


I guess you've understand... Just add an "s" to the $msgs array, and it's over.

One last thing, I posted a bug report for the XoopsObject class on the 2004/1/4, (https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15332&forum=21) and never get any answers... I've said something wrong ?

2
Mithrandir
Re: Module installation bug

I can assure you that these postings are read with a large interest.

For the best response, use the sourceforge pages - this one should go into the patches tracker.

Thank you for your support

3
skalpa
Re: Module installation bug
  • 2004/3/14 3:52

  • skalpa

  • Quite a regular

  • Posts: 300

  • Since: 2003/4/16


Thx. You deserved the right to read your name in the next release changelog .
But as Mith said, you should post this kind of things on the SourceForge site (specially if you're able to look for the fix by yourself).

Skalpa.>
PS: I'll answer to your other post later, as I'm not sure it is really a bug. I have to think of this more deeply (IMO the entire cleanVars method is a mistake).
Also, normally we don't answer to people speaking french in their posts (sauf si c'est moi ).

4
Feugy
Re: Module installation bug
  • 2004/3/14 9:36

  • Feugy

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 3

  • Since: 2004/1/4 1


Thank you all. I just checked the 2.0.6 version, and they're in. I'll go to the SourceForge site, and report them.


...And promiss, I'll continue to make mistakes in english