Anonymous
Re: htmlArea - WYSIWYG editor
  • 2004/3/9 7:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

@kotis: Unfortunately your htmarea is only working for IE which is sad.

I agree on the opinion that a FULL editor is too much for a normal user, but the standard editor needs to enhanced that way that text is selected and formatted via the standard options and NOT inserted with this small input field.

tzvook
  • 2004/3/10 14:35

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hi Kotis

I like your work, though I didn't see the source ...

I started working on it long ago, but stopped, due to the fact that (as you said) lots of core - source needs to be changed.
I had a bad expirience with source code changes: I has a 1.3.x Xoops based site which is full of code little customizations which no longer can be upgraded with the officials upgrades..... that made me realized that If you want your site to keep "living" and keep renewing along with xoops, you can't mess too much with the core, unless you make it an "official" change @ core.... and for that you have the "core devs" team which I'm removing the hat from my bald had to.... .... so .... when I saw they are going to that direction anyway, I stopped my work and went to other things...

p.s. - I think that your "Image-browser" for htmlarea , or at least it's alpha ver. was once upon the time developed by me as an HTMLAREA addon

I'm not here a lot lately, but it's so good to see this community working as it works... I simply like XOOPS and It's community

Mithrandir

As far as I can tell, most of the work involved in this is
a) Having a javascript file, making the actual WYSIWYG effect
b) A subclass to XoopsFormDhtmlArea, implementing the editor with a text area.

I do know that it has a rather big impact on the XOOPS core, but it should be doable - provided that the editor works well.

The reason why there is no WYSIWYG editor in the core is mainly (AFAIK):
1) The good ones are either flawed security-wise or IE-only
2) The core team has not enough time to try and test all good editors not falling into category 1)

So if you have a good woring version, see if it is possible to make it into a XoopsForm... class and apply it to the patches tracker on XOOPS project on sourceforge and I am sure the core team will look kindly to it.

Brisefer
  • 2004/3/11 15:15

• Brisefer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/15

What a good work !

I love this html area integrated into xoops.
Will you do a hack for everyone ?

For me, it's the last MAJOR problem with xoops.
I really need a simple wysiwig minimum for the news.

I like the hack done by Chapi, but I have some bugs with it. (maybe since version 2.0.6.)

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits