tl
Re: FAQ problem (strange URL)
  • 2004/3/2 16:39

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

It is working fine and it fixed the admin style.css problem.

Only thing preventing me from using it for now is that non-numerical parameters are not working with the hack.

Reynaldo, could you please confirm if this is indeed the case? I tried and it did not work. Maybe I did incorrectly? Thanks.

Koreus
  • 2004/3/2 20:14

• Koreus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 2

Quote:

reynaldo wrote:
No reports?

I guess that means everything is working fine
Koreus, Mikhail, Aubrey, tl, Martijn, Alexon and JackJ, did you download the last fix?

I just have a minor problem with admin template.
I have more than one template and some are working fine and some we cannot edit --> blank page.

I have noticed that for template we can edit, the URL is in Short format :
http://test.koreus.com/m-system+admin+fct-tplsets-op-listtpl-tplset-default-moddir-mydownloads.html

For the template we cannot edit, the url is not converted :
http://test.koreus.com/admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset=default%20violet&moddir=mydownloads

That's all I have found for the moment

reynaldo
  • 2004/3/2 21:58

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/13

Quote:

tl wrote:
Only thing preventing me from using it for now is that non-numerical parameters are not working with the hack.

What kind of non-numerical parameters? would you mind posting an example?

reynaldo
  • 2004/3/2 22:00

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Koreus:

It is because of the space in the template set name (default violet).

If you remove it, it will inmediately work.

tl
  • 2004/3/2 23:03

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

reynaldo wrote:
Quote:

tl wrote:

What kind of non-numerical parameters? would you mind posting an example?

Something like index.php?id=1&software=xoops

reynaldo
  • 2004/3/3 8:50

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

tl wrote:

Tl, must be something else, that URL is perfectly parseable. There are some kinds of URLs which look like the same but when you look at the source code, they don't.

Would you mind sending me the url to your site where that url is? I would like to take a look to give you a more deep reason.

BelaS
  • 2004/3/3 13:15

• BelaS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've been following this long and illuminating thread and would like to download and test the hack. Is your recommendation, reynaldo, that one download the latest full version you posted about 6 pages ago and patch with Hot Fix #6, or is the patch included in the full version, or should the latest patch be avoided for another few hours despite the fact that it sounds as though it works like a charm?

My compliments on your tenacity and attention to detail. And I agree that this hack should become core when all the details have been ironed out.

Thanks,

Béla

tl
  • 2004/3/3 22:45

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

reynaldo wrote:
Quote:

tl wrote:

Tl, must be something else, that URL is perfectly parseable. There are some kinds of URLs which look like the same but when you look at the source code, they don't.

Would you mind sending me the url to your site where that url is? I would like to take a look to give you a more deep reason.

I did figure out the problem - one small variable change did the trick. It is very strange that it worked perfectly without the modification before applying the re-write.

Any chance of having an option to exclude some modules? I would like to exclude certain modules from being translated so I could keep the robots out of those modules.

reynaldo
  • 2004/3/4 15:14

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Béla:

You can download ver 0.4 and then overwrite with fix #6. Please take in consideration you have to use both #6 files, xoops_shorturls.txt6 and loadpage.txt6

If you have any problems, let me know.

reynaldo
  • 2004/3/4 15:16

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Tl:

If you want to keep robots out from a directory, the safe way is with a robots.txt file as google can index some dynamic urls if your page has high pageranking.

Anyway, I'll look into adding module exclusion as soon as all the big details are done.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits