bassclef
Access logs - where are they?
  • 2004/2/27 11:44

• bassclef

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

I am a little mystified. I have searched through the forums here, throught the XOOPS FAQ, and still can't seem to find a method for creating a simple access log. I have gone as far as looking into the database for any way of simply manually generating a report - no joy.

Basically, I want to be able to see a log of logins and activity. In the end, I would like this to be published as a separate page, dynamically if possible, but even the ability to just generate this data would be great. I am really surprised no-one else seems to be asking for this, but maybe I'm just weird!

Thanks,

Bassclef

El_Jordo
Re: Access logs - where are they?
  • 2004/2/27 14:33

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/23

That would be a nice feature, but I don't think XOOPS records every login and logoff of every user.

The closest I have come is a module called blockutils.

bassclef
  • 2004/2/27 14:59

• bassclef

• Just popping in

Thanks for that - it seems an odd ommission to me - for a database driven app to not record and log just about everything - positivly anti-unix!

Blockutils looks like it will give me most of what I want - after I translated the page using my favourite translator. Now to sign up to a French website to download!

Thanks, any more responses would still be excellent - anyone feel like making this a suggestion for the next version?

Bassclef

bassclef
  • 2004/3/1 9:39

• bassclef

• Just popping in

I have since installed two modules:

Uservisit 2.1b
Blockutils 1

I think Uservisit gives me just about everything I could want, except a nice block to show simple logins'. There are no blocks at all, in fact. It's great for admins however, and nearly what I wanted. Black utils does have the feature of showing last logins and 'lost' users - which I guess is the other half I was looking for in uservisit - so I am officially 'mostly happy'!

Bassclef

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits