atsekabe
Which version am I using?
  • 2004/2/18 17:56

• atsekabe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I've already taken the control of a website made under XOOPS but I cannot figure which version is it, as any related information to the version seems to be hacked.
How can I know which version of XOOPS am I using?
Thanks,
Atsekabe

Brad
Re: Which version am I using?
  • 2004/2/18 18:57

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Go into the Administration area and look at the footer or bottom of the screen. It should say something to the effect of "Powered by Xoops" followed by a version number.

atsekabe
  • 2004/2/18 19:13

• atsekabe

• Just popping in

That's what I tried to say... it says "Powered by the DDk Project"
Any reference to the version has been hacked by the former webmaster.

Dave_L
  • 2004/2/18 20:27

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Look in include/version.php.

atsekabe
  • 2004/2/18 20:37

• atsekabe

• Just popping in

It's the second thing I've done since I have the control. The file contains:

define("XOOPS_VERSION","The DDk Project");
?>

That's what I mean when I say it's hacked

Dave_L
  • 2004/2/18 21:00

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

In that case, all I can think of is to download XOOPS distributions, starting with the newest, and use a comparison utility such as BeyondCompare to find the closest match with your version.

But I don't think the older versions of XOOPS are still available for download, so you might need to contact a member of the core team to get them. Or maybe they can be retrieved from the CVS repository.

An alternative is just upgrade what you have to the current version. That could be difficult, depending on how much hacking has been done.

It's a good idea to always save the original XOOPS .tar.gz files, but that probably isn't helpful to you at this point.

tl
  • 2004/2/18 21:10

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Download the header.php file and check to see if the following is still intact. The file versioning information could give you a clue as of what version you have.

// $Id: header.php,v 1.34 2003/09/28 01:06:44 okazu Exp $
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------ //
// XOOPS - PHP Content Management System //
// Copyright (c) 2000 XOOPS.org //
//
// --

Dave_L
  • 2004/2/18 21:17

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

Good idea.

And if you posted the file version lines for a few of the core files, someone might be able to match them up.

atsekabe
  • 2004/2/19 10:39

• atsekabe

• Just popping in

All that information regarding the lines of the version have been deleted... so it seems much more complicated than that.

However... there is a file named rc2_to_rc3.php so I understand that, at least, I'm using V2.0RC3 'cause if I try to run that file to update the system, it fails.

More problems? Some files in the /include folder are missing. That's what I've found trying to install XOOPS Gallery (e.g. include/cp_header.php is missing)

And we have tried to contact the former webmaster with no response. He also runs an adult oriented portal with the modified version of XOOPS as if it was something he has done... is that illegal? I mean, he uses XOOPS but denies it and he has given his own name to the CMS.

The website is adult oriented so I don't think it's a good idea to post the URL so that someone can guess which version am I using. If someone wants to try, please PM me

Files that seems to be modified in each version are include/functions.php and include/common.php
I've posted both of them at http://atsekabe.nexenservices.com/include.rar to see if someone can guess what the hell am I using

Thanks,

Atsekabe

atsekabe
  • 2004/2/19 13:25

• atsekabe

• Just popping in

More or less, solved...

I've migrated the database to a new location, downloaded the latest version of XOOPS and transferred the modules that there were in the old version to the new version (only those that are not standard to Xoops)

So now I have the last version of XOOPS running with the theme that there was in the old page.

However... there is a small problem regarding the font or the type of letter. Where are those defined?

An easy solution should be to post both URLs so that anybody could see the diferences, but I don't know if it's correct or not 'cause it's an adult oriented site.

(Yeah, I know... this subject is getting bored)

Thanks,

Atsekabe

Login

Who's Online

896 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 896

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits