tromaes
blank page at "mail to users"
  • 2004/2/17 19:19

• tromaes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/2 2

Hi,
I have a strange problem and I need some help to report this.
I have a site with XOOPS 2.0.6 with about 7000 registered users, when I try to send a mail to all of them I see a blank page (right after I hit send).
This doesn't happen if I send the same mail to a smaller group of registered users (a custom group).

What other information should I send to report this potential bug?

thanks!

dan//

Mithrandir
Re: blank page at "mail to users"

Turn on PHP debug and try again. Blank screens are usually caused by PHP errors, which will only show with PHP debug.

If it works with fewer users, you may have hit a "ceiling" of what your server can handle - but we'll know more with some PHP debug information.

tromaes
Re: blank page at "mail to users"
  • 2004/2/17 20:46

• tromaes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/2 2

thanks a lot Mithrandir, the problem was related to memory allocation [0]. Maybe this problem can find its way into the whish list of a future release. We currently have three servers balanced with LVS (each of this servers have 64Mb. of RAM). I guess we'll have to avoid using this feature because I can risk allocating more than 64Mb. of RAM just to send announces to our site's users. (BTW: the Admin->Preferences->Email Conf.->Edit admin option does the exact same thing)

Thanks again.

dan//

[0] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /.../kernel/object.php on line 175

Login

Who's Online

365 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 365

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits