blueangel
TinyContent WYSIWYG editor
  • 2004/2/13 11:57

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

Tiny Content is a fantastic module, the only thing that is missing is a WYSIWYG edit for Mozilla based browsers. Why it works only with IE ?

Ace_Armstrong
Re: TinyContent WYSIWYG editor

Quote:

blueangel wrote:
Tiny Content is a fantastic module, the only thing that is missing is a WYSIWYG edit for Mozilla based browsers. Why it works only with IE ?

I believe that the WYSIWYG editor used by TinyContent is SPAW, which relies on IE-dependant commands. I don't know that anyone has developed an open-source WYSIWYG editor that works cross-browser.

*dink dink*

chapi
  • 2004/2/13 16:01

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I used the SPAW Editor because it is also used in WF-Sections. This Editor is very feature-rich too.

At the moment the XOOPS team is searching for a cross-browser solution. Untill that, TinyContent will probably stay as it is.

Mithrandir

Do let us know if you find a good cross-browser editor.

I have somewhat successfully converted FCKEditor to an XoopsForm class, but with limited functionality and it didn't support my Mozilla.
It doesn't have to be Word-like functionality, but a bit more than the normal DHTML area with WYSIWYG and cross-browser functionality and we are all set

philroy
  • 2004/2/13 20:52

• philroy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/8/23

Just don't forget us Mac users too

Phil

mikeh
  • 2004/2/13 21:04

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

mambo seems to offer a fairly solid dual browser version of htmlarea 3
havent looked at depth but seems to work ok

jfernau
  • 2004/2/25 17:02

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

I've been looking at htmlarea3 and it does look pretty good. It doesn't support "all" browsers, but at least it is cross-platfarm so that everyone would at least have the ability to run it, even if not on their favorite browser. As a Linux user, I know that this would be great for me.

If nobody else takes this on, maybe I can try to hack it into one of the modules that currently uses spaw to see how it works.

John

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits