Ace_Armstrong
Need help! (Bad day!)

It's been a bad day for the old Aceman. Ackbar's already helped me out with something, and now I have a problem with something completely unrelated on the same site.

I made a very minor edit to the theme.html file (I mean, really minor; just changed some info on an image tag) and suddenly the site won't load. All I get is a white screen and when I look at the source, it's empty; no HTML apparently downloaded to the browser at all.

I can FTP in and confirm that index.php and the theme file and everything all exist and are complete. They just don't seem to be downloading. (In fact, when I try to go straight in to the admin.php, I get the "you don't have permission" message, and then forwarded on to a blank screen.

Has anyone seen this, or know how to solve this?

Thanks.

*goes to pound head into concrete*

Mithrandir
Re: Need help! (Bad day!)

PHP debug saying anything?

kahumbu
  • 2004/2/5 19:00

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

This happened to me once when I missed closing a quotation mark in the theme.html. And then, it happened again when I forgot to put a closing tag on a Smarty variable (I think it was an if statement)...

Well, anyway, hope this helps since you mentioned changing something in the theme.html.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
PHP debug saying anything?

Can't log in to get to it.

Ace_Armstrong

Okay...[i]part[/I] of the mystery is solved.

Apparently, XOOPS doesn't want me to use an image map. As soon as I take out the image map, it works great.

Now the question is why not? And the other question is how do I work around this?

Login

Who's Online

408 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 408

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits