krobi
need some help
  • 2004/2/5 18:06

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

hello

i have some questions and i hope someone can help me

1. i want do change the registration site, i want that there is a link that opens a new window, in the window i will write a short manual on how to setup norton firewall, you know the problems with norton firewall

and i want that my user CAN NOT select if they allow me to send them messages, so that option should be always on allow admin/mods to sends messages, i hope that can be realized

2. it is possible to make a real autologin? i have installed a autologin hack but this autologin its no real autologin only by time, so it is possible to make a real autologin?

3. could you descripe me how to modifi the userpoints modul? i have 3 news moduls so i want that the userpoints modul counts all news modules, and how can i modifi the "Waiting Contents Ext" modul that it will also show the waiting news from the other 2 news moduls?

hopefully you can help me, and thankx for your help so far

if you want you can go to my homepage and can look how i realized it for now, when you want to look depper into my site you can user the username: test and passwort: krobi

krobi
Re: need some help
  • 2004/2/7 12:33

• krobi

• Quite a regular

is there no one who can help me

Mithrandir

You'll need to hack the core somewhat to do the registration changes and waiting contests. Hacks are not my area of expertise, but yes it is possible to do, what you want it to do.

I don't know the userpoints module code-wise, so can't help you there, either.

As an intermediary thing, you could edit the include/registerform.tpl, adding some text regarding firewalls.

In the register form, you could also change the _US_MAILOK radiobutton to a hidden value of 1.
Also, edit the root/edituser.php to do the same with the mailok field there.

krobi
  • 2004/2/7 14:30

• krobi

• Quite a regular

thx for you reply, i will try it out

i hope some other people can give me some infos on how to make my things work

Login

Who's Online

70 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 70

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits