Chainsaw
Recommendation for a job advert module?
  • 2004/2/2 20:58

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Hi there. Does anyone know of a module that might fit the following requirements?

1. Allow users to submit 'Seeking Employment' notices as well as 'Job Vacancy Available'.

2. Maybe an option to link a CV. (There are privacy issues here and we might just drop it but then again it would be nice if it was available).

kjs222
Re: Recommendation for a job advert module?
  • 2004/2/3 2:05

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

What's a CV?

The only module I can think of is a classified module (search for it; I'm sure it's out there... might be called "MyAds"), but I don't know if that fits in with what you're looking for.

Having said that; I think it's a great idea. I have some interesting twists to add to the brainstorming:

A) Have submission / management of the job postings group-based (I know this sounds obvious, but I'm particularly interested in giving NON-ADMIN users the ability to submit/edit/delete their own postings).

B) Integrate with some sort of ContactX module allowing job posters to request online RFP/Applications/Resumes in a web form - and emailed discreetly to the offeror.

C) This is related somewhat to my idea on thread:

old topic

And it is that I want the "wheeling and dealing" group on my website (those who are offering jobs/RFPs) to have an expanded profile with WYSIWYG editor for their own pages given appropriate permissions.

D) Obviously all these could be integrated into the great xdirectory module (yellow pages).

E) Create an "Extended Profile" page that integrates all these interesting module bits for each eligible user... it'd be like each user's personal site / business front, and would allow users to share more about themselves, to cross-reference ideas with job opportunities and locations, and to get people more intimately involved in the community... An avatar is great; but a bio is much more interesting!

Haha, so, those are my ideas. Hopefully when the moddev site gets up there'll be devs interested in deving it! If not then I'll have to suffice with the already tremendous modules we have out there.

Cheers,
Keith

padiel
Re: Recommendation for a job advert module?
  • 2004/6/3 17:48

• padiel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/3 1

Look at this!

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=706

Enjoy!

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits