Wayne
"Bug" in display of news module.
  • 2004/1/28 15:00

• Wayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/13

Hi Guys,

Even up to version 2.0.5.2 there is what I consider a display bug in the news module. Specifically, in the display of news items, the template news:news_item.html displays <{$story.title}> as (category : news_title).

Since the point of Smarty templates is to seperate content from display, shouldn't the News module pass something like;

<{story.category}> : <{story.title}>

to the Template instead? I would like very much to be able to display news items as follows but can't seem to do so because the content is not seperated inside the module:

-------
This is the news title
(category) : This is the short body of the news article.
-------

While I "could" modify the core code to do this on my system, I get tired of having to recode mods for every release and I would be very appreciative if you could manage to fix this in 2.6 (which I am eagerly waiting to install).

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

Mithrandir
Re: "Bug" in display of news module.

News module will not be a part of future XOOPS versions as you know them by now. Instead the "core" modules will be released independantly.

your "bug" is duly noted and will be fixed in the next version of the News module, which I am afraid is not just around the corner, since I am very busy with other things as well as waiting for some core developments.

Wayne
  • 2004/1/28 17:13

• Wayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/13

Thanks for the reply. I'm rather weirded out by the idea of removing what I consider core modules from the actual core however. Why would that be beneficial to the project?

In any event, if you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to work around this issue until you're able to make an official change to the module.

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

Mithrandir

Just change the index.php to assign more variables instead of joining them together into one and use them in the template news_index.html

The thing about the core modules not being in the core is a natural step, I think, since the core should be defined by what it can be used to do and not what some modules can do. Besides, it is more or less just an acknowledgement of the fact that the core and modules are made by different people and to keep them separate.

We do work very closely with the core people on the development of the modules - and will continue to do so.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits