slacker
Editing the URL of new theme installed. Newbie here.
  • 2004/1/28 12:56

• slacker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

Hi all, Slacker from Singapore here.
Like to thanks the wonderful work by XOOPS team!
Have setup a forum cum gallery for a small group of my friends but face some problem while finalizing everything.
Have install a new theme named "Art" by Incama Theme Design and it's working fine but one little thing bugs me.
The navigation bar at the top with a "home" hyperlink always point to their site while i want to edit it to point back to my main instead. Anyone know where i have to edit? Don't know where to edit though i have been searching in and out every php file i thought it might related to. Knows nothing about php and stuff so hope to get some enlightenment from experts here.
My forum : www.ahberthen.com
Have tried posting this question on their forum but no one is helping me. :( Hope someone here kind enough to show me the light to edit it.
Thanks all for your time and advice!

Cheers!

Chado
Re: Editing the URL of new theme installed. Newbie here.
  • 2004/1/28 13:54

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Hey Slacker Welcome to Xoops
I don't have that theme, but usually all you have to do is go to yourxoops/themes/art/ directory and edit the theme.html. If you look in that file, I am pretty sure you will find what you are looking for.

Hope that helps!
Chad

slacker
  • 2004/1/28 14:05

• slacker

• Just popping in

Thanks for the warm welcome Chado!
have done what you adviced. Finally saw something related to the hyperlink! :) However, when i do the chaneges to it and save. It's still the same. :( Still pointing to their site. :(
Any clue??? I'm helpless....

Chado
  • 2004/1/28 14:12

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Yeah, all you have to do is go to system admin, preferences, general preferences. Scroll down and there is a field called: Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? Check yes, and then save your changes. That should do the trick!

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/28 14:37

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

You also need to empty your templates_c/ folder to delete cached files. Although not really necessary, you can leave the index.html behind.

slacker
  • 2004/1/28 15:01

• slacker

• Just popping in

Thank you so much to both of you! : Chado and Kahumbu!!!
It's working!!!!
Now i can move on to my next little bug of my forum : email .... damn...
I set the registration only to webmasater approved to restrict access among my circle of friends only. Supposed to send an email about any new registration to me but i received none. I check through the setting and everything seems in place.
I understand most of you set the registration to user approved but hope someone can guide me on this.

Cheers and thanks to both of you who have helped me big time!

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits