Jakobo
Invision Power Board User Database -> Xoops User Database
  • 2004/1/8 9:41

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/18

(Note: Not really sure what kind of hack this is, or if it even is. Ultimately, it will become a forum migrator too, which I guess is a hack-tool-thing. ... sorta)

No, this isn't flawless, and no it doesn't move your posts (working on something like that), but if you are like me and had a site whose uses and functions exploded without warning (jumping from 200 views per day to 4,000+), you needed a way to get your data into a good CMS like Xoops.

I was running IPB 1.3, and needed to get my data into XOOPS as fast as possible, the most important data being my user database. Nobody wants to re-register. So here it is, a user DB migration tool, hopefully the first of a few.

Note: things are hard coded, and I am not fond of the "exempt" users method, but I couldn't think of an easier way. If anyone has one, more power to you, and please post so we all can learn.

Without any more rambling, the code:
http://www.felocity.org/files/xoops_2.0.5.x/ipb1.3-users-to-xoops2.5.2.zip

Please let me know if there are any questions, etc. Good luck!

Quick note: This does NOT put the user into the registered users group. An Insert statement to drop the new UID into group 2 would be helpful, and once I finish on a few sites, I will come back and correct this.

DaBoyz
Re: Invision Power Board User Database -> Xoops User Database
  • 2004/1/8 10:01

• DaBoyz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/8 1

You can also have a look here.

Jakobo
  • 2004/1/8 10:09

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

Ah, but those all seem to go to the Invision Module. ^_^ I'm actually working on migrating everything into XOOPS from various other mediums. Thank you for the link though, I think the information on NEWBB -> IPB will worth looking into as far as what needs to be done to create an IPB -> NEWBB one.

Mithrandir

Haven't had a chance to look further into it, but how do you deal with user ID's? Do you insert the users from the IPB with the IPB ID? or do you let the database assign a new one?

arinf
  • 2004/1/8 14:49

• arinf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

what user/member table do you specify for ipb? is it ibf_members?

Jakobo
  • 2004/1/8 18:41

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

I let the XOOPS table just assign a new ID (in order to prevent screwups with auto-numbering). I thought for a while about making it carry the same ID over, but I had an issue with some users registering on the new XOOPS site to set things up (and so the member IDs didn't match).

For the IPB member table, I did use ibf_members since it contained the most complete user settings, including the all-too-valuable username and MD5 password hash.

I hope this helps

arinf
  • 2004/1/8 21:40

• arinf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

This just made my life a whole lot easier!

Thanks!

friction
  • 2004/1/9 1:03

• friction

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

so what happens if i have users from an IPB database and had ipbm installed for xoops, would this still work, yes?

Jakobo
  • 2004/1/9 23:59

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

I have never worked with IPBM, but since it is a XOOPS module, my hope is that it would use the XOOPS user table. If this isn't the case, that would make things a lot more complex. I will look at IPBM this weekend if I get a chance and see what comes up.

If you are feeling gutsy, you could always try it. It doesn't modify your IPB at all, so worst case scenario you have to clean up XOOPS and try again.

darkseid
  • 2004/1/27 21:50

• darkseid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/6 1

I used this script to move my ipb forum users to Xoops, everything went fine. But when someone from IPB userbase tried to login to xoops, it only shows XOOPS header and footer. I think script need to write to xoops_groups_users_link table to work 100%.
Jakobo, or anyone else could modify this script to do that?

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits