• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

-needs ability to add polls
-mark all posts in all forums as "read"
-ability to set the order of forums in a category
-permissions for usergroups in private forums
-ability to hide private forums completely
-ability to attach files to posts

if there are already options like the ones above that are in a stable XOOPS release then forgive me.

Xoops is kickass! Just important to keep the forum updated and improved to keep your users using.

NitroFoO
Re: newbb could use some updates
  • 2004/1/27 21:57

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

Yeah I completely agree with arinf; the forums are a big part of many communities and could use some upgrading here and there.

devnull
  • 2004/2/4 15:24

• devnull

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/4 1

The Forums of many sites generally are the main focus for the majority of the users.

There are a lot of missing features in newBB that need to be added in future releases. arinf has listed a good number of them. Other features:

-after submitting reply, be taken to your reply, not first post of thread
-click on thread, go to most recent post you haven't read instead of starting at first post of thread
-private forums need to be hidden from people who don't have access, and to not show up as locked to those with access
-Quote feature to go like... [quote="<user>"]The Quote[ /quote] and show up like "<user> wrote:{quote block}"

That's what I can think off the top of my head.

Other than that, it's a pretty good job with newBB so far, but it could definitely use a lot more attention.

Anonymous
  • 2004/2/4 17:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

All these feature requests are collected from the other Threads and Roadmap discussions, we have heard your requests and we take most of them in the further developiment and will be added in the next release of the newbb, so please be patience

Greetz

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits