acekid
name in "username" box?
  • 2004/1/26 17:50

• acekid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 1

just recently, a name always appears in the "username" field in the login block. many of my users have reported this. it's the same name for everyone too. any ideas on why this is happening?

Ace_Armstrong
Re: name in "username" box?

Quote:

acekid wrote:
just recently, a name always appears in the "username" field in the login block. many of my users have reported this. it's the same name for everyone too. any ideas on why this is happening?

The best explanation I've got it that it's because the field name is the same as it is when you first log in, so if you tell your browser to remember the information for future use, it automatically fills it in. I think this should be an easy thing to change in the next update, and I hope someone takes the time to do it. (I know nothing about PHP, so I would NOT be the person to take this on.)

acekid
  • 2004/1/26 21:26

• acekid

• Just popping in

. . . but the same name (Ryan) appears in the box for all of my users. It's not a case of the "remember me" feature.

Ace_Armstrong

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

What I run into is that when I try to edit a user or create a new user for someone who is having trouble with email validation, it puts my name into their username field. I thought that was what you were saying.

What you are saying though is that several people on a variety of computers in a variety of locations are seeing the same name in login space?

Let me ask you this: did you edit the template at all?

acekid
  • 2004/1/27 17:00

• acekid

• Just popping in

no, the template has not been edited.

you are correct in saying that several people on a variety of computers in a variety of locations are seeing the same name in the login space.

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/27 17:14

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

What did you do before this problem happened? Did you change or edit any of the files? Was the site working fine before?

acekid
  • 2004/1/27 19:50

• acekid

• Just popping in

as far as i know, the name just appeared one day, and has remained ever since. the site worked fine before. it still "works" and people can erase this name and log in ok. it's just something that i would like to remove. it's annoying having someone elses name in the username box.

what file would contain the coding for the login box?

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/27 21:11

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

That would be the system_block_login.html.

You can check it through System Admin -> Blocks and Edit the Login Block. Or you can go to System Admin -> Templates -> System.

acekid
  • 2004/1/28 15:06

• acekid

• Just popping in

any other suggestions? are there any other files that effect the login block?

file2mail
  • 2004/5/24 2:50

• file2mail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/23

hmm...
ive seen this before on my site... and another site i had before as well, which was a previous version of XOOPS 2.x...

... but i think i may have figured it out ...
... do you have the Login block cached???
... probabaly do dont you? ... i think its because that the block gets cahched with the login of a member at the moment the cache file is generated...

...so just try to turn off caching for that block.

Login

Who's Online

259 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 259

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits