phedre
Theme/Style Sheet Problem
  • 2004/1/22 5:04

• phedre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/22

I'm new to Xoops, so please bear with me if this is a stupid question

I installed a new theme by putting its folder in the themes folder - is there anything else I should do? The theme script itself seems to be working fine, and I can make changes to that code (it's written in php) that are reflected in the appearance of the page. However, when I make changes to the style.css file, nothing happens. The theme.php file doesn't seem to contain any code linking it to the style sheet - should it?

TIA for any assistance you can give!
phedre

kjs222
Re: Theme/Style Sheet Problem
  • 2004/1/22 15:21

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

If you give a link to your site (with the theme running) we can tell you if it is linking to the style sheet. You can tell this yourself by looking at the page online and searching the page source for the phrase:

link rel="stylesheet"

You will likely find two occurances of this line; one for Xoops.css, the other for your theme's css file.

IF it is linking to the style sheet (which it likely is) then your problem may be due to caching. Often times when a page is refreshed a browser might not refresh the CSS file (since it's a seperate file... similar to what it does with pictures). I have had that problem before. It is annoying. It can be solved by emptying your cache and doing a force-reload on the page (shift-[reload button]).

Hope that helps,
Keith

phedre
Re: Theme/Style Sheet Problem
  • 2004/1/22 16:49

• phedre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/22

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Couldn't give you a link because at the moment the site is only running on my development server, but I went and checked the source for the page and discovered that the link to the theme stylesheet was missing.

This was a theme developed for an earlier version of Xoops, so I checked to see if there were directory structure differences between this one and the themes that installed with Xoops2—in early themes the CSS file is inside a directory named "Style" while in later themes it's at the root of the theme directory.

So.....moved the CSS file out of the "Style" folder and voila—it works!!!! Ain't it nice when the fix is that easy

phedre

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits