testtest
News-Post Comment-CSS Style Problem-Tables Layout not adjustable ?
  • 2004/1/21 17:06

• testtest

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

Hello i'm confused

I am really confused now ! Testing around my own layout, and working around the style.css .
Have cloned 'default' template, the name of the new template is clone.
The template is not touched itself, yet. But i took a theme, simlple_line, to experiment around and get more aquainted to it.

All went up to now fairly well with style.css .
But now I've got stuck on a thing - 'post comment'.

Using the Standard-News Modul. But i can't formate the site being 'parsed', after pushing button 'post comment' with css :(

if you click on NEWS in main-menue, in the middel the nice formatted NEWS block appears, all looking as intended, colors and text.
Nice layout for the tables and fonts.

then clicking 'Comments?' --> then appears also the NEWS, also nicely formatted cells, below the choices for Flat etc. + Buttons REFRESH und POST COMMENT.

Up to that, ALL nice, well formatted, working as intended and adjusted in style.css --> Then clicking POST COMMENT Button:
- in the middle appears the modul for writing a comment - all ok TOO.
- BUT above is the NEWS i want to comment on, displayed again. AND NOW IT SUXX - the font-color and table, cells colors are totally different. No color is right!
- The NEWS HEAD has a different color and th cell color also.
- The NEWS Text also.

And i do not get it, how to change it via style.css.

Have looked onto the 'parsed' and generated HTML Code :Quote:
<td id="centercolumn">

<!-- Display center blocks if any -->
<!-- End display center blocks -->

<div id="content">
<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="98%" class="outer"><tr><td class="head">Welcome to our new site !</td></tr><tr><td><br />Posted by&nbsp;<b>test</b>&nbsp;Date&nbsp;<b>2004/1/20 20:35:00</b><br /><br /><b>Hello to our New Site</b><br /><br />Welcome and lots of fun on our new site. You are welcome to post a lot and submit many nice stuff.<br /></td></tr></table><form name='commentform' id='commentform' action='comment_post.php' method='post' onsubmit='return xoopsFormValidate_commentform();'>

So, i thought, no prob, lets change in style.css the Parameter div#content - but i saw nothing changed.

If i will use a new Descriptor e.g.:" div#content td " suddenly changes ALL, inclusive all cells in the botom block.

But that's not what i want. I just want to adjust the upper 'NEWS quoting part'.

Who's fit in XOOPS, or has a clue, how i can get it ?

kahumbu
Re: News-Post Comment-CSS Style Problem-Tables Layout not adjustable ?
  • 2004/1/21 17:29

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

I understand how you feel!

That is the preview table and controlled by the table class "outer". However, the "outer" class is designed to be a border between cells using cellpadding=1. So if you designed your "outer" to be dark, that preview table would have a dark background.

Mithrandir and I had a recent discussion related to this:

NewBB Reply Template

It's about NewBB replies, but it also applies to any preview table that calls the themecenterposts() function. Be careful with messing with it though.

testtest
  • 2004/1/21 17:40

• testtest

• Just popping in

First about the quick and 'to the point' answer - then too. Because really nobody 'would' think for .outer, or ? And you are fully right, kahumbu !!!
Example:
I've assigned a light yellow border around the boxes, and this 'preview Table' has now a light yellow background and a white font So you really can't read the NEWS you want to make a Comment to. That's design and usability PURE and in perfection !

So, kahumbu, any solution around to get this handled or fixed ?

kahumbu
  • 2004/1/21 17:51

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Well, you can put a color attribute to .outer to make it more presentable.

But to really take that preview table by the horns, you have to dig in the echoed HTML in the themecenterposts() function.

Good luck!

testtest
  • 2004/1/21 18:01

• testtest

• Just popping in

KAHUMBU !

THAT'S EXACTLY the point for solving also the problem with writing a comment towards a NEWS message.

Normally the parsed and 'quoted' NEWS text appears above the block for writing your comment.
the area with the 'qoted' newstext+header uses the .outer definiton of style.css , with pretty results.

So i edited the file old_theme_functions.php and assigned a new class 'newscomment' --> assigned it in the style.css --> Problem SOLVED - Yo Man yo :)

WHO thought that old_theme_functions.php has a skeleton in it's closet

THANK YOU - GREAT !!!!!

testtest
  • 2004/1/21 19:17

• testtest

• Just popping in

But what a pitty, the more i 'dig in', the more i am faced with limits. So far as i currently see, there are a lot of weird limits for setting 'really individual' styles to modules or blocks.
Most settings are bound to .even or .odd without further determination, where it should belong to ?
If so, where's the clear partition of code and design.
I am meaning the individual assignment of styles to a specific block / module.
Maybe one intends to have slightly different color-tones for example Polls and TopPosters, just an example.
Or is there a general solution for managing such indivial styles ?

Found after editing in template set manager e.g. xoopspoll_block_poll.html
the
<{foreach item=option from=$poll.options}>
  <
tr class="<{cycle values="even,odd"}>">
instruction. Is it the only solution, currently, to assign or better define 'individual classes' ?

I find it interesting if there's a faster way around !

testtest
  • 2004/1/22 13:02

• testtest

• Just popping in

I'ver heard on another forum, that maybe with some next releases of XOOP there migth be a possibility to handle .css Styles in every module. Anyone heard yet ?

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits