EyeKeeper
BLocks and WF-channels
  • 2004/1/19 21:24

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/6/11

Hi folks,

is there a way to create menu and sub-menus inside one own block for Wf-Channels?

Thanks

RedEye

EyeKeeper
Re: BLocks and WF-channels
  • 2004/1/20 20:04

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

any ideas?

simonvl
  • 2004/1/28 23:47

• simonvl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

I am hoping someone will develop this- my ideal solution would be a module similar to the main menu which would create a menu with the channels as the main menu items and a submenu containing the pages when the channel is being viewed.
I have lots of content which is categorised into different sections e.g. academic, photography, web design, travels.
Two articles in this forum start tackling this issue.. one by JackJ about being a submenu guru and the other by cRuNcHiE about making a block with links and sublinks for some contents pages....

I do not know WF-Channels or XOOPS well enough to work out how to do this myself, so...

1) Has it already been done? (I doubt it- looked hard!)
2) Can it be done with WF-channels? (surely yes!)
3) Can anyone point me in the right direction- how to go about developing it, or who to ask for help?
Any help much appreciated! Thanks
Simon

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/28 23:51

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I am planning to most of these, but you would be better off with WF-Sections which does all this already.

simonvl
Content sections and menus
  • 2004/1/29 0:13

• simonvl

• Just popping in

Thank you. I was looking at WF sections but didn't find a simple list of features (!) so wasn't sure.
For other people who may be asking the same question, I have found:
- wf-content
- arms
- tinyContent
But I am not sure which to use..
If nobody gives me any suggestion, I will try them and report back as to which I found useful for what.
Simon

EyeKeeper
  • 2004/1/29 11:29

• EyeKeeper

• Quite a regular

Hello Catz...

Is there a way to have a block for each cateogy and the sub-sections within this blocks using wf-sections?
Ok.. how to create custom blocks inside the wf-sections module is not a problem... it's easy...
Bu how to put the sub-sections related to their respective categories in the diferent blocks?
Or BETTER: how to make the sub-sections auto-hide like it happens in the news/downloads/etc modules (applied only to the subsections? This would be what I really wanted to do bu I didn' come through on how...?
i.e.
- sports (main section)
- Basketball (sub-section)
- soccer (sub-section)
- etc...
- events (main section)
- sub 1
- sub 2...

Thanks,

RedEye

simonvl
  • 2004/1/31 4:26

• simonvl

• Just popping in

There is a dynamic sub-menu solution which might help you. For my part, I am not sure I can implement this myself, so if you find a way, please tell me Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits