jgodesky
Top-page blocks & modules
  • 2004/1/18 1:06

• jgodesky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

I set the news module for my top page; I also have several blocks on the top page, like headlines, recent forum topics, etc. Top page is great; the problem is that now the news page also has all those blocks from the top page. Not so great. How can I make the block appear on the top page, but not on the news page? The blocks in question are all set to appear on the top page only in their block specs, so they don't even appear in the listing of news module blocks.

kjs222
Re: Top-page blocks & modules
  • 2004/1/18 1:27

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

There is no built-in feature (that I know of) that will fulfil this function. The "top page" is essentially the "top module(/index.php)"... which is why on this site there's always the same block at the top of news listings (or at least index.php).

So; unless there's some feature I don't know of; your only option is to hack the news module such that "if cgi-params != '' then no-blocks"... but that sounds like a very involved solution.

Another solution would be to use one of the news blocks (or Spotlight) in order to present your new news stuff on a blank top-page.

Anyways, in any case, good luck on the site,

Keith

Login

Who's Online

921 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 921

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits