vginer
Topics / Sections / Categories
  • 2004/1/16 10:09

• vginer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/11

Hi everyone!

I want to build muy personal web site with Woops.

I am going to try to explain my idea, what I want to do.

I want to do a web site with lots of sections and sub-sections (categories and subcategories, if you want).

In each CATEGORY, you may find this:

- STATIC content (basic information, etc.). This static content could be more important than any other content; it depends on the CATEGORY.
- ARTICLES/notes/postings (similar to an entry in a weblog, but also like an article...). More dinamic. An article may have one/several IMAGE(s) or photo(s) related with it.
- LINKS. May be there are links related to articles (or articles that are just a comment about that link).

Also, I want my web site to have an specific "LINKS" section, so you can go there and look all the links, ordered by cathegories, etc.

Also, and specific IMAGE gallery, which allows link to the article, in case the image is related with an article.

I mean, I have this: CATEGORIES, STATIC content, ARTICLES/notes, LINKS and IMAGES. I want a tool to manage all this the best way it can be done.

Also, It would be great to get forums, gest books, polls, user management, etc. All that is OK, but what I need is a very useful and friendly tool that allows me to manage, introduce, modify, relate etc. CATEGORIES, STATIC content, ARTICLES/notes, LINKS and IMAGES in an easy way. It must be a tool which allows some "freedom" so you can modify the structure and add some static HTML content wherever you need.

Oh!!! And also I need to have TWO parallel language versions: Valencian ( = Catalan) and Spanish. The visitor/user has to be able to see the site in the language he/she wants.

So, I have been using the demo of XOOPS that you can find in http://www.opensourceCSM.com, and my questions are these:

- Do you think XOOPS is an adequate tool for my pourpose?
- I have found in XOOPS these modules: Sections, News and Links. Within each of them you can define SECTIONS, TOPICS/SUBTOPICS and CATEGORIES/SUBCATEGORIES. Would it be possible to relate all them? For exemple, I want the News TOPIC "Computers" to be also a Link CATEGORY, and also I want both "Computers" TOPIC and CATEGORY to be "related", so you can jump into computer links when you are in computer news, and so on.

Can anybody help me?

carnuke
Re: Topics / Sections / Categories
  • 2004/1/16 13:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I would suggest you use one of the content magement modules like wf-section, cj content, tiny content etc. I use and favour wf sections, although there are some bugs in it. wf-sections WILL give you all the flexibility and categorisation you want and have described here. May I suggest you visit sites using some of thse modules. I personally find it useful to search Google with these sort of strings this will find a whole bunch of stuff. use similar strings for other modules

best of luck, Richard

Login

Who's Online

882 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 882

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits