jgodesky
Letting anonymous users in on the fun
  • 2004/1/15 17:56

• jgodesky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

I've been going through a lot of open source CMS's, primarily PHP, recently--Geeklog, PNP Nuke, Drupal, Plone, TYPO3, Xaraya, but XOOPS is by far the best of them. My experience with the others was unabashedly terrible, and though I still have some kinks to iron out with Xoops, so far the documentation has been very friendly, the core modules have been very good, and the end result has been an easy-to-use, powerful, attractive site. Thank you!

Now, one of those aforementioned kinks to iron out is that I want anonymous users to be able to use the site; post to the forums, submit news, etc. There are some things, like file uploading, that I'm restricting, but the problem right now is that a lot of blocks don't even show up in the blocks admin screen for anonymous users. The main menu when I'm not logged in only gives me home and news (news is what I set my index to). How can I get all my other modules to appear on the main menu when you're not logged in?

Mithrandir
Re: Letting anonymous users in on the fun

Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Groups -> anonymous users -> check the proper blocks/module access rights

jgodesky
Re: Letting anonymous users in on the fun
  • 2004/1/15 18:00

• jgodesky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

AHHHH, thank you!

Login

Who's Online

1030 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1030

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits