laurica
Modifying modules
  • 2004/1/7 12:46

• laurica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/6 1

Hello.-
As I commented in a topic, I'm interested to include in my web a database of movies. I use a module for Books and I think it would be the easiest to modify in some points in order to make that module for movies.

I searched in Wiki's web the tutorial for develop modules but it's too high for me as I don't know anything about programming, my usual language is Spanish and I'm only interested in some modifications.

So, I'd be very pleased to be recommended a simple tutorial for what I'm looking for... and if this is in Spanish, better than better :)

Thanks

Mithrandir
Re: Modifying modules

If you could be more specific in your description of which modifications are needed, we may be able to help you.

Unfortunately, unless it is just a matter of renaming some fields (like the user profile - changing "Interest" to e.g. "Company") which is easy, you probably won't get around doing a bit of programming.

laurica
  • 2004/1/7 13:05

• laurica

• Just popping in

Yes, the modifications I need to do are just on the fields. So, I only have to change, for example, the field "Author" for "Director" or "Number of pages" for "Duration".

Nevertheless it would be interesting to add another field more as "Actors" but not much more.

So that, I think that I only have to know how to change the name of the module and those fields. Many thanks :)

Mithrandir

Check the various files in modules/[bookmodule]/language/[language] such as modinfo.php, main.php and admin.php

laurica
  • 2004/1/7 13:20

• laurica

• Just popping in

Well, another question (perhaps stupid) I have got in relation with this topic is if its possible to use PHP-Nuke modules for Xoops, as I've seen the module for movies I need developed in PHP-Nuke and may be the way to avoid more complications.

Thanks again :)

Mithrandir

Not directly.

PHP-Nuke and XOOPS are very different, albeit XOOPS is based off PHP-Nuke - but that's a long time ago.

However, if it is possible to make a PHP-Nuke module, it is most likely also possible to make it to XOOPS.

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits