sh0rty
Re: This is making me MAD!
  • 2004/1/5 19:46

• sh0rty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/5 1

I've tried setting the globals to off and it still gives me the same error :( I'm just about ready to give up but I really love what I've seen from this system so I'll try a little longer.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 19:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

If you are saying that you can login to XOOPS then it is not a register globals problem but if you are saying that you cannot logon then your problem is your server settings, you must change the php ini file and set register_globals = off.

Also, it would help if you gave us clear information as to what is exactly happening, what server information you have ie php, MySQL and type of server ISS or Apache etc.

Does'nt help when you repeat the same things over

sh0rty
  • 2004/1/5 20:10

• sh0rty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/5 1

OK you were right I thought I turned them off but apparently I was editing the wrong php.ini file. It logs in fine now. The only thing is that now my oscommerce and other apps wont work with this off. Is there anything I can do?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 20:14

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

sh0rty wrote:
OK you were right I thought I turned them off but apparently I was editing the wrong php.ini file. It logs in fine now. The only thing is that now my oscommerce and other apps wont work with this off. Is there anything I can do?

Good to see that you have this now working

As far as your other apps, trying going to the developers website and see if there is an update or ask them to update their software to work with RG = off.

DonXoop

Quote:

sh0rty wrote:

So put Globals back On. It isn't an absolute requirement to make XOOPS work nor did it have anything at all to do with your problem.

Having Globals On is a security risk and why you want to try and have things work with it Off. I had mine on for a couple of days until I could get one module (3rd party) working and able to turn it back Off.

So now is time to visit those other sites and push them to clean up the code so security isn't an issue.

Glad you got it working though. It was getting a little tedious...
Have a beer on me:

Mithrandir

Globals On is only a security risk with sloppy coding.

DonXoop

Quote:

MithyT2 wrote:
Globals On is only a security risk with sloppy coding.

Very true. I trust most of the code I see around here. But with the myriad of modules and hacked modules on some sites you have to wonder if some are sloppy. I'll bet most have Globals On for that reason...

I ran globals On for a long long time before I knew what it was. Never a problem. But I can now run with it Off and I sleep a little better....

Login

Who's Online

972 user(s) are online (195 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 972

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits