TruMaxx
Administrative Menu not accessable by administrator!
  • 2003/12/16 10:54

• TruMaxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

Hello...

This is first time I post a message here, so please excuse my language. I am new to xoops. I kind of want to develop my own webportal using XOOPS since I like it very much at the first sight. Now the problem is this, appreciate it if someone would help me solve the problem.

Installation process went through like a breeze. All files are writable.

Database is connectable and ok. Tables are created and admin user and pass is created. Time to go to the login page.

Login is okay... admin and pass verified and taken to the page with the "Administration Menu". And then.... I clicked the "Administration Menu" button... and I was taken to a page with saying that I don't have access to that area!! What??? Am I not administrator??

Must be something missing somewhere I always says...

Tried searching the net... and could not found any that exactly resembling my problem. Tried a few solutions like turning global_registers = on or setting permission to folder and files... but no luck.

One thing though... my folder's attributes cannot be changed even though I am an administrator. I've tried changing from simple sharing to enhanced, setting all the attributes to the base folder and upward to read/writeale by me. The files are changed to writable... but the folders aren't. Would there be a problem?

My specs :-

1. WinXP Pro SP1
2. Apache 2.0.4.8
3. PHP.Net 4.3.4
4. MySQL 4.0.16
5. XOOPS 2.0.5.1

Can someone suggests to me something to try?? I really will appreciate it!! Thanks for reading this... and helping out!

================
Newbie for life!
================tm

TruMaxx
Re: Administrative Menu not accessable by administrator!
  • 2003/12/17 9:40

• TruMaxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

I have found the answer... hehehe and quite silly answer that is... I was unable to get into the Administrative Menu because of Zone Alarm firewall software!! It somehow block page from correctly identifying me.

Problem solved!

Until the next questions... bye![quote]

sh0rty
  • 2004/1/5 18:48

• sh0rty

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/5 1

How did you login?

I have my register globals on. I am working on it from home so I'm not using a firewall. When I try to access admin.php it says " you don't have right to access this area"
then redirects me to index page.

I login from the index page using the admin login I created and it says thank you for logging in but, STILL NOTHING.

DonXoop

You are cross posting the problem all over the Forums today. Anyway, Globals has nothing to do with the problem (and is better if Off security wise).

Have you disabled your firewall completly? Doesn't matter if the server is at your house. The browser doesn't know the difference. Any chance of trying from another machine or OS?

Maybe a breakdown of what you have: Server OS, version, PHP version and options, etc etc.

sh0rty
  • 2004/1/5 19:07

• sh0rty

• Just popping in

I am using php 4.06 and on a cobolt raq.
I have tried it running on a server with the newest php and MySQL and it gives me the same problems.

No firewall.

I really hope I can get this going!

sh0rty
  • 2004/1/5 19:16

• sh0rty

• Just popping in

P.S. THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR!!!

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/5 19:56

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok this might sound like a silly question, but I have to ask it.

Are you sure that the account you are trying to access admin with is the main webmaster account ie the one that you used when installing Xoops?

Login

Who's Online

918 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 918

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits