mike8160
blank index.php after a good install
  • 2003/12/28 17:05

• mike8160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/28

all sections of the install went great, the initial install went properly, and loaded with a message to remove several folders(whick I did)then the page would not reload.
I did a complete uninstall from the server 2 times, the second time making sure the html files were in the root directory!!

The last install went perfect, but the main page is blank
any good suggestions

Thanks

CBlue
Re: blank index.php after a good install

It only tells you to remove the install folder and to chmod the mainfile.php to 444 from 777.

You could do that without closing the page on your browser and then hit refresh afterwards and it will show your admin.php page correctly.

Maybe you deleted some folders that you weren't supposed to, while deleting the install one?

Catzwolf
  • 2003/12/28 17:12

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Can you login to yoursite via http://mywebsiteaddress.com/user.php and then http://mywebsiteaddress.com/admin.php?

If so? Once in admin, click on the system admin icon, then preferences and then general settings. Then scroll down and look for debug mode and select 'php debugging' from the pulldown list.

Once you have done that, go back to your main page and see if there are any warnings and paste them here for us to have a look at.

mike8160
  • 2003/12/28 17:13

• mike8160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/28

yes on the first install I probably did, but I have a fresh install on the server now, also I just downloaded some forum info on blank page bedugging

CBlue

Did you make sure that you chmod'ed the correct files and folders on your server? Also, did you check your mainfile.php and make sure that it is pointing to the right database and has the correct username and password for that database in it?

Login

Who's Online

871 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 871

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits