ripjaws
how-to fix a moved xoops from linux to windows
  • 2003/12/27 5:05

• ripjaws

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/27

Dunno exactly what version of XOOPS I'm running. I found 2.0 somewhere in a db table. Anyway, the db backups have been uploaded w/o error and I can create / edit / whatver in those tables no problem. I FTP'd the file system from the old webhost to the new. The site basically comes up but two things happen: 1)I get the error 'Selected module does not exist!' in every body no matter what link you click and 2) no one can log in = no admin etc.

Any ideas? I'm willing to do about anything to get it working. I just cannot go all the way back to the old webhost.

Jaws

mvandam
Re: how-to fix a moved xoops from linux to windows
  • 2003/12/27 5:29

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Check your settings in mainfile.php and see if everything matches your new server setup (i.e. path, url, MySQL info, etc...)

ripjaws
  • 2003/12/27 15:24

• ripjaws

• Just popping in

It does. changed path from /http/blah/blah to c:/inetpub/wwwroot etc. verified user / pwd in MySQL and have used them to look at / edit table info manually so I know it isn't a permissions issue in mysql.

DonXoop

I'm confused that you don't know what version it is? Did you move the site that belonged to the data or something else?

Just going by the title I'd say the best way to fix a move from Linux to Windows is.... to .... move it back to Linux. Sorry, couldn't resist.

ripjaws
  • 2003/12/28 5:04

• ripjaws

• Just popping in

Turns out that after i upgraded it it works better. had to get wfsection udated as well to get my articles back. NOw all i have to do is figure out how to get that working for real now. It seems that wfsection is having trouble. It is not looking at its own settings I don't think.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits