Carlz0r
Xoops Login Script
  • 2003/12/21 0:15

• Carlz0r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/21

I have 2 questions:
1) Why doesn't the XOOPS SSL login page work that came in the extras folder of XOOPS 2.0.5.1?
2) Is there any way to integrate the XOOPS portal login into my own webpage? I have two parts to my website. The XOOPS portal and my main page. I want people to be able to log in to my website using the same user name as they do on XOOPS so they have a universal username and password for the whole site. I really need to get this up and running so any suggestions would be great.

PureLuXus
Re: Xoops Login Script
  • 2003/12/21 1:02

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

try the search

zer0fill
Re: Xoops Login Script
  • 2003/12/21 8:55

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

Quote:

Carlz0r wrote:
I have 2 questions:
1) Why doesn't the XOOPS SSL login page work that came in the extras folder of XOOPS 2.0.5.1?
2) Is there any way to integrate the XOOPS portal login into my own webpage? I have two parts to my website. The XOOPS portal and my main page. I want people to be able to log in to my website using the same user name as they do on XOOPS so they have a universal username and password for the whole site. I really need to get this up and running so any suggestions would be great.

I can answer #2, since i have no experience with #1 (SSL)

the easiest, afaik, thing to do is to convert your webpage_users table to xoop_users. my reasoning is because you know your website better than the innards of XOOPS so it'll be easier to modify your site. you will probably have to add some of your own columns (to match webpage_users) and make a script to do the INSERTs for you if you have a lot of users. you can, of course, go the other way but that means modifying xoop's core php files like how it finds usergroups, login script, etc.

another thing i can think of, if you want two user tables (this is bad as it creates redundancy) is to do the initial conversion w/ your current userbase to xoops. after that's done, whenever a new user is created on your webpage, your script will also insert the user/pass and other required info to xoops_users. be sure to remove any registration links and php files from XOOPS or the two tables will not be in sync. more coding will have to be done on your webpage if a user wants to change their password/email/avatar/etc (you'll have to make those changes reflect in xoops_users as well).

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits