inferno
eeeek! no admin screen!
  • 2003/12/17 12:24

• inferno

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

what the hell is going on!?!?!?

i logged out last night, i log in the next morning, when i click on administration menu, then it goes "this is first time is you log in" (can't exaclty remember the bad enlgish), and when i click on proceed or whatever, it goes file not found and goes back to the this is the first time screen

so now i have to go to http://**insert website here**/modules/system/admin.php and then click on modules, and then click on the corresponding buttons, cause all the icons have gone as well!, and i'm sure nothing was deleted last night by the tooth fairy or ne one else for that matter

but now i can't edit my modules properly cause of that dodgy floating window that doesn't appear there anymore

DonXoop
Re: eeeek! no admin screen!

I hear tell that this is a common problem if haven't read the readmes or Wiki. Try this thread: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14731&forum=7#forumpost60479

inferno
  • 2003/12/17 13:31

• inferno

• Just popping in

prob is i don't have access to my server via ssh or nothin...

DonXoop

Not much fun without access....

Check if you have personal firewall issues and then real firewall issues. You should have access to your own machine :)

As for server access you have FTP I assume unless they installed the site for you.

inferno
  • 2003/12/17 15:29

• inferno

• Just popping in

Quote:
You should have access to your own machine :)

ooooo, i'm not sure about that, windows has been rather picky lately

and i'll check out my other options/flare insults and questions to my web provider

inferno
  • 2003/12/17 15:45

• inferno

• Just popping in

ummmmm, well turning off my firewall doesn't help, but i noticed something else...

when you click submit then as well as having the box in the middle where it says logging you in... (where noramlly you have like database uploaded or whatever), in the top left, it says: "failed open file"

is that characteristic of a file being deleted by accident or still the same problem?

Falcon22
  • 2004/1/2 6:53

• Falcon22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I just found the soulution; make your cache folder permission 777 - worked for me!

Login

Who's Online

876 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 876

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits