john47
What do i put for database name???
  • 2003/12/13 21:29

• john47

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

Database Name
The name of database on the host. The installer will attempt to create the database if not exist.

then later on it says database name not found... HELP!

tom
Re: What do i put for database name???
  • 2003/12/13 21:44

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

You could maybe put the name of the database in there.

If your unsure what what it is then contact your host and ask them.

john47
  • 2003/12/13 21:48

• john47

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

well i put something in there but what do i put in it i made em up and it said could not be found

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14708&post_id=60375&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=1#forumpost60375

CBlue

You're supposed to create a MySQL database for XOOPS first in your database manager in CPanel (if you have that), then you add a user for that database. When I create databases and name them, then I go back to my database manager and read the database name and username that was saved.

Then you install XOOPS and put the name of the new database in the install page with the database username and password. The password you get when you create a user for the database.

Oakie
  • 2003/12/14 3:40

• Oakie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/14

You may have to request that your webhost setup your MySQL database for you. I have had 2 webhosts in a row where that was the case. You email them, or if you have live support, request that they setup the MySQL database.

Like naming a kid, they can call it whatever they want, say something like BIGSKY_COM or PHPDUDE .

Once they have created the database and give you the name of it, you then go back to your XOOPS installer and enter that database name in there.

If your database was named PHPDUDE, then put that exact name in the installer where it asks for it.

If your control panel allows you make your own databases, then create one for XOOPS called XOOPS_DB or something like that and go back and enter that into the XOOPS installer.

Get the idea ?

Login

Who's Online

845 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 845

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits