comegona
Email problem
  • 2003/12/7 15:06

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/9

I'm having problems with email in Xoops. If someone registers, they will get an error stating the following:
Quote:
You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.

Under the ‘Mail Setup’, I'm using SNTPAuth and everything is correctely set. I also use this setting on a PHPbb forum that is not part of XOOPS and it works fine.

If I send an Email using Mail User I get the following:

Quote:
Errors
SMTP Error: Could not authenticate
Could not send mail to xxxxx.
SMTP Error: Could not authenticate
Could not send mail to test1.

Sending message completed.

I’m using 2.0.5.1. I can approve the user manually using ‘Edit User’.

Thanks

CBlue
Re: Email problem

Do you really need to use SNTPAuth instead of phpmail?

comegona
  • 2003/12/7 22:54

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

I guess I will try that if I can't get this fixed.

CBlue

I'm using phpmail in my XOOPS email settings and I've never had a problem with a user not getting their account activation emails.

comegona
  • 2003/12/8 13:40

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

Tried phpmail and still getting the same problem. When I use a windows machine the following comes up:
Resized Image

CBlue

Does your webhost provider allow you to set up pop email accounts? You can use your own site's email server for your XOOPS email if they do. Just try smtp instead of phpmail and type in your site's smtp server in the smtp host(s) box.

Plus make sure your Path to sendmail box has something like this: /usr/sbin/sendmail

comegona
  • 2003/12/8 16:41

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

I don’t think it has anything to do with my provider since it works with PHPBB2. I don’t have sendmail installed and I just want to use my ISP just as a SMTP server to send mail. What I did was use SMTPAuth since I have an account with that ISP. So they are supposed to pass anything that comes from me. I’ve also set the SMTP Hosts correctly.

Login

Who's Online

285 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 285

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits