udaddy
cannot log in after install
  • 2003/12/5 1:52

• udaddy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

i just put XOOPS on my server. the installation worked out perfectly and no errors were detected. however, when i go to log in it goes to the thank you screen and then goes back to the login page. i try to refresh and it still says im not logged in. I also tired to disable my firewall and i still cannot log in. im using Norton Internet Security 2004. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.livecircuit.vze.com/xoops
or
http://www.phz.iamyourhost.com/xoops

CBlue
Re: cannot log in after install

Try uploading the user.php file again to your XOOPS root directory. It could be that the file got corrupted the first time it was uploaded.

udaddy
  • 2003/12/6 21:44

• udaddy

• Just popping in

Nope, still returs to user page. Ive also tried to log in on other computers and it stills goes back. could it be with my server?

tjnemez
  • 2003/12/6 22:52

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

is it a firewall issue?

edit: disregard post

CBlue

Try reuploading this include/checklogin.php and the userinfo.php that's in the root. These files are listed as being accessed after you login.

udaddy
  • 2003/12/8 2:12

• udaddy

• Just popping in

no, damnit. it still doesent work. one thing was wierd though, when i re-uploaded, the file sizes are different. is this supposed to happen? anyway. is there any way it could be a problem with permissions, the server config, or MySQL database. or should i just try a different db like postgreSQL? Still any help would be appreciated.

CBlue

If the file sizes were different then you didn't get the files uploaded correctly and only part of the files were uploaded. Do you have CPanel? If you do, you can use that to upload the files and see if they upload correctly that way instead of ftp.

It's not permissions that is causing the problems. Those files don't need to be chmod'ed. XOOPS only works with mysql.

Login

Who's Online

380 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 380

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits