bsimm
Re: version 2.05
  • 2003/12/7 3:17

• bsimm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

Nuked templates_c. I have recently re-uploaded the entire modules directory (along with most of the other directories) based on some of the other forum threads I was reading. I also cleared the cache in my browser to rule that out. It's still there.

CBlue

The error must be in another file then! I looked through all the files that had notifications on it and couldn't see anything else that had the same words your error has. I'll try to hunt for it again for you.

bsimm
  • 2003/12/7 3:26

• bsimm

• Just popping in

I did a search through all the files in the 2.0.51 install and didn't find the text <;form, so I would have thought re-uploading everything would have fixed the problem. I am going to try uploading the stuff again, because I've had a couple of flaky things happen with FTP lately. Maybe the file I needed didn't re-upload properly???

CBlue

Good idea. I looked through a whole lot of files, including every file that had notification in it's name and I can't find the one that has form and action is notification_update.php. Somehow, one of the files that you uploaded from 2.05.1 has an error in it or got corrupted during upload.

bsimm
  • 2003/12/7 22:37

• bsimm

• Just popping in

That didn't help. I was hopeful, because I found that somehow my FTP program got set to only upload files that didn't have the same or newer dates already on the server. So some of the files were not uploading, because the server files all have the date they were last uploaded. But uploading the /class, /include, /kernal, /language, and /modules directories doesn't seem to have had an effect.

What is cached in the /cache directory?

This was originally installed as 2.0.4 from fantastica's installer. There were some database problems due to that, which I found a cure for thanks to some helpful folks here. I wonder if this could also be causing this problem? I'm considering nuking the whole installation, and starting over with the 2.0.5.1 fresh install.

skalpa
  • 2003/12/7 22:55

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
What is cached in the /cache directory?

If uploading the files again didn't work, it should come from a bad template somewhere

you can try this:
1) Kill the content of /cache
(except adminmenu.php maybe, but it will be recrated the next time you go to admin.php, so whatever...)
2) Clean /templates_c (but you already did this...)
3) If that wasn't enough, update the system module in the system admin / modules to force the recompilation of all the templates from the files.

Skalpa.>

bsimm
  • 2003/12/7 23:55

• bsimm

• Just popping in

Quote:

3) If that wasn't enough, update the system module in the system admin / modules to force the recompilation of all the templates from the files.

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean on this one. The modules/system/admin/modulesadmin directory? Which file is this?

Thanks,

Bob

CBlue

Quote:

bsimm wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean on this one. The modules/system/admin/modulesadmin directory? Which file is this?

Thanks,

Bob

Go to your system admin area of your site. From your system icon you will see a menu when you move your cursor over it. Click on modules, then look for the system module that will be the first module in the center of the page. Where you see the action column in the row of your system module, click the left icon and that updates your system module.

bsimm
  • 2003/12/8 2:56

• bsimm

• Just popping in

Quote:

Go to your system admin area of your site. From your system icon you will see a menu when you move your cursor over it. Click on modules, then look for the system module that will be the first module in the center of the page. Where you see the action column in the row of your system module, click the left icon and that updates your system module.

Duh! Sorry I was still thinking FTP. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!!!!

CBlue

That's wonderful, bsimm! I'm happy for you! And you're welcome!

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits