charpres
Sudden avatar problem
  • 2003/12/6 17:36

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

I've had no problems with avatars until this week. Suddenly, any avatar (custom from user or added by admin) uploaded has no permissions on the server and permissions cannot be changed in the server's control panel.

All avatars that were uploaded prior to this week display properly, have proper permissions and the permissions can be edited. Everything normal.

Any avatar uploaded now will not display because the permissions are wrong and cannot be changed from the control panel. This is really weird. Any ideas?

CBlue
Re: Sudden avatar problem

Check your avatar table in your XOOPS database and see if it brings up an error in it. You can use the operations link to check for errors in your tables through phpmyadmin.

charpres
  • 2003/12/6 17:46

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

Mmm.... I added the new WFchannels module last week and see in some other threads there have been some problems there. Could that be it? Would just removing the module fix the upload permissions problem?

CBlue

I use wfsections and I have no problem with my avatars. I don't think wfsection has anything to do with avatars.

charpres
  • 2003/12/6 17:59

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

I was referring to the uploads.php problem referred to in this thread:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14004&forum=11#forumpost56700

To quote:

Re: Avatar problems
I've had the same Problem on this Site and now it has migrated to my Sites as well.

I tracked it down on my site this morning. My problems began when I installed the new release of wfchannels. The uploader.php file was the problem on my sites. I uninstalled the uploader.php which I installed as instructed with wfchannels and replaced it with original uploader which was released with XOOPS latest version. It now works perfect.

There are too many problems with the new module releases. We need a quality assurance team to test them prior to offical releases.

charpres
  • 2003/12/6 18:15

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

Getting rid of the uploader.php that came with last week's version of the wfchannels module and replacing it with the stock uploader.php fixed the problem.

I presume the bug has been fixed with wfchannels, but this has been too big a pain to fool with again at this point.

CBlue

Glad you were able to fix your problem! This bug definitely needs to be fixed then.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/12/20 5:18

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

charpres wrote:
I've had no problems with avatars until this week. Suddenly, any avatar (custom from user or added by admin) uploaded has no permissions on the server and permissions cannot be changed in the server's control panel.

All avatars that were uploaded prior to this week display properly, have proper permissions and the permissions can be edited. Everything normal.

Any avatar uploaded now will not display because the permissions are wrong and cannot be changed from the control panel. This is really weird. Any ideas?

Yes, I have to apoligise about this one. Sorry. I packaged the wrong version of the uploader with this module. Needless to say I was not informed about this until ackbar told me it had a bug in it (which has not been fixed and available in 2.0.5.1).

charpres
  • 2003/12/20 22:21

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

Is the module available anywhere? It seems to have disappeared.

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits