djsckizo
Re: Removing the intermediate flash screen
  • 2003/12/6 1:39

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Why not just make these pages available to be turned on or off like the banners can be? Make it a preference to the admin, or go one step more and make it a preference to the user, but with the admin having the final say? User can choose, but if admin says otherwise, it goes the way the admin says. That kind of thing.

mvandam
  • 2003/12/6 5:00

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

I think the messages should *always* be there. Maybe the admin/user could choose *how* they are shown but I don't they should be allowed to be removed. You never know when an unexpected error is going to crop up and you need to try reposting, etc...

As for how it is shown, I guess the options are like the current intermediate page in xoops, or just showing the message on the target page (e.g. sourceforge does this after posting a bug/message). The latter is easily done with cookies as described above, or maybe better, with session variables. The problem is that it is generally not a very good idea to generate output after a POST request, so you still need a redirect, but it can be an immediate one with no intermediate page. The message is shown once you get to the final page.

shagreel
  • 2004/2/3 19:41

• shagreel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/17

I think I agree here. An admin should be able to decide how they are displayed but the module writer decides if they want to display one or not for the pages of their modules.

Is there any way this could be put in the next version of xoops?

I personally really like the idea of using the session to save the information that is passed to redirect_header, then have redirect_header send a http redirect header. Then have the message pulled out of the session and displayed on the target page. You can see this working on forge.novell.com.

paul

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits