Flanker
downloads module
  • 2003/11/29 0:45

• Flanker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/30

Hi all, Is it possible for users to upload there files directly to my XOOPS site throught the downloads module, instead of just allowing them to simply add a url for the download, ie..for people that dont have web space. Or is there a different download module out there?

Cheers

Catzwolf
Re: downloads module
  • 2003/11/29 2:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

There is currently an RC of My_downloads available, so a search in the news and you should find it.

This will allow user uploads

Flanker
  • 2003/11/29 2:25

• Flanker

• Just popping in

Thank you much sir, thats what I needed

Cheers

intel352
  • 2003/11/29 3:02

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

catz, aren't you the one (or one of the main guys) working on the download module?

if you are, a buddy of mine sent me a couple of small lines of code, when implemented, they make it pretty much impossible to determine the origin/location of any download (the code hides remote *or* local file urls the same way), he uses it in several php-nuke modules that he has written, but it's regular php, not CMS-specific

if you are interested in the code, pm me and i'll find it for you (in my ICQ archives somewhere, lol)

i'm not sure if you already have something similar already in place for the Downloads module, but if not, this may help

Flanker
  • 2003/11/29 3:34

• Flanker

• Just popping in

Everytime I try and upload an image with the file(gif or jpg) it comes back with an error, "invalid image file"
gif and jpg are listed in the allowable mimitype in the download preferences. Can you give me some help?

Cheers

Flanker
  • 2003/11/29 12:51

• Flanker

• Just popping in

bump

defel
  • 2003/11/29 13:07

• defel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/26

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:
if you are, a buddy of mine sent me a couple of small lines of code, when implemented, they make it pretty much impossible to determine the origin/location of any download (the code hides remote *or* local file urls the same way), he uses it in several php-nuke modules that he has written, but it's regular php, not CMS-specific

I did something along these lines recently, although I customised wmpdownloads (and added the uploader to it). Basically my approach was to upload all files to a directory off the web folder and then when a file was requested (and verified that the user can download it according to group permissions) I've got some php to retrieve the file and output it, I can't remember where I found it so I'll just post what I used:

$dir="<path to uploads folder>";
$file=$dir.$url;
<any other headers you want to use>
header("Content-length: ".filesize($file));
header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"".$logourl."\"");
readfile("$file");

I've taken quite a simplistic approach in that each file is saved to disk with it's id ($url above) and the original file name ($logourl) is saved as an attribute in the db that admins can edit if they choose, then it's just output with the filename when the download is requested.

intel352
  • 2003/11/29 19:46

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i believe that is the same method, or very similar at least

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits