Anonymous
Submission issue
  • 2003/11/26 20:36

• Anonymous

• Since:

I would like to know what file to edit to add submission guidelines above the sbmission page because I want to allow registered members to post content such as articles etc.

Max

Mithrandir
Re: Submission issue

News module?
modules/news/submit.php
modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/26 21:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks. Also, where do I change the Submit News to simple Submit or Submit Content

Mithrandir

The Sub-menu item?
In modules/news/language/english/modinfo.php
line 18

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 2:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

One day when I have more time I will put together a How Do I? FAQ intended to be a quick user guide to all these questions I have and I will updated continually to a point and share it with everyone cause these are important issues etc those of us who are slow can benefit from.

Max

mvandam
  • 2003/11/27 2:43

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Quote:

One day when I have more time I will put together a How Do I? FAQ intended to be a quick user guide to all these questions I have and I will updated continually to a point and share it with everyone cause these are important issues etc those of us who are slow can benefit from.

Thanks Max... this kind of thing is very helpful! You may want to consider adding these questions and answers at appropriate places in the XOOPS Wiki. There is a fair amount of info there now, but currently a lot of big sections are missing. If you need to 'add something to a page which doesn't yet exist', you can create a skeleton page for the needed page and insert your stuff. For example, some of your questions might go on a 'XoopsNewsCustomization' page or it might be one section on a 'XoopsNewsModule' page. Others will eventually fill in the rest of the pages you create along the way. Thanks again!

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 3:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yeah I am going to, just give me a week or two to finish my site and I'll start helping out.

I noticed allot of people pass through here every hour and many download XOOPS but not many offer help and I sort of feel guilty.

And like me or not I will be here for a while. I'll try to play nice and I will help out as much as I can as I am online 10-12 hours a day.

As you can see I have converted the News section to something more general and am almost done and this leads me to believe that if people know how to make small changes to it it can be a powerful category section for all sorts of things.

Max

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits