Big_Bro
best XOOPS wrapper for html + java applet? FC not working for this...
  • 2003/11/24 3:53

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

I am trying to add some interactive java crosswords to my site but am having trouble getting them to work in Free Content. It works if I call the url directly:

http://www.newshax.com/modules/freecontent/content/xmas/xmas-default.html

It requires a .jar file which I suspect is the problem, Konquerer tells me the java executable is not found, even though it works outside of Free Content.

Is there a way to make this work in FC, or another wrapper that can make this work?

Bassman
Re: best XOOPS wrapper for html + java applet? FC not working for this...
  • 2003/11/24 4:26

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

um, it works with IE6.....very cool, actually.

*edit*
*slaps forehead* DOH! Of course it does, it's a direct link, not through freecontent. Just ignore my stupidity :P

CBlue

I have tried to do this too, Big_Bro on one of my sites. I was only able to find a wordsearch script and one crossword puzzle script that will work for me. I got the wordsearch one to work in a block and the crossword one is done in cjay content. I found eclipe crossword creator and it allows you to create crosswords offline on your computer and then copy the script that you create to an html file. That file can then be uploaded to cjay content to have it intregrated into your XOOPS site. It has a js file and I just put that file and the html file with the crossword script into the cjay content module folder in the content folder of it.

If you want, you can pm me and I'll send you the link where you can download the program.

Big_Bro
  • 2003/11/25 0:11

• Big_Bro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/26

Thanks for the tip, I was able to figure out a way to make it all work through Tiny Content 1.5

Check out www.newshax.com/modules/tinycontent (woohoo!)

I installed the latest Tiny Content module and tried that too, but creating a page wrap in that wouldn't do it either. I finally got it to work by pasting the code inside the body tags and added it as an html page rather than a page wrap, then copied the jar file to that directory. That seemed to do the trick and now the .jar files can be found, but it's gonna get messy in the content folder after I start adding more crosswords.

I already paid for the crossword software I'm using so I'm kinda stuck with it, but so far it seems perfect for what I need. I'm still interested in the software you mentioned though.

CBlue

Your's looks better than minehttp://magazine.crazy4realitytv.com/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=32". I misspoke before, mine is dhtml and uses css in the html file that the puzzle is on to get the puzzle to work. So there is no need for a jar file or js file since it's not java or javascript. So all I have to do is upload each new puzzle into cjaycontent and then add it to my menu for the puzzles and that's it.

If you want the free program eclipse crosswords here is the url to download it and to read about it.
http://www.greeneclipsesoftware.com/eclipsecrossword/

CBlue

Here is the different ways that you can put the puzzle on the web, I save it as a web page and it creates the page for me.

Create interactive crossword puzzles:
Not only does EclipseCrossword have several different printing options, but you can also save your crossword as a web page. You can create a web page designed to be printed, or you can choose from different types of interactive pages that your visitors can play right over the Internet, using a Java applet or page scripting. It's easy - just click one link, and you're done.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits