tjnemez
Re: Seeking feedback
  • 2003/11/23 22:10

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey builderb,

i guess my site would be a knockoff of the original theme developer that i am using. could this apply to any other XOOPS users? ...hmmmm, i wonder.

ajaxbr
  • 2003/11/23 23:12

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

I guess SaintsFan should clear this up, if it's indeed based on builderb's work, some sort of credits should apply (and if it wasn't a released theme, asking first is always nice).

Looking at the page again, the skin color of person pictured there is weird, then I saw that it's a gif file. Well, gif & png-8 should'nt be used for photos, you'll get a smaller and prettier image saving it as jpg

SaintsFan
  • 2003/11/24 2:01

• SaintsFan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/14

All-

I looked at a LOT of XOOPS websites to get some ideas for a theme. The Folsom Living site was absolutely the inspiration. In my opinion it is one of the most attractive themes I've seen on a XOOPS implementation. I definitely do not want to take credit for someone else's work, however, I'm not sure I'd agree that it's a 'complete knock-off' of that site.

I am obviously etiquette-challenged...and so many XOOPS sites are implemented with similar looking themes...I honestly thought I'd changed things up enough to where I wouldn't be stepping on toes.

Builderb - if I offended you, please accept my sincere apologies...such was not my intent.

I have NO PROBLEM giving credit to you for an awesome website and the inspiration for my theme. I do not know if you'd like a tagline at the bottom or what...again...I'm not versed enough in matters such as these to know what is appropriate.

To the rest of you, thanks very much for your feedback.

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits